What Would YOU Like to See in Gen 0??

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What Would YOU Like to See in Gen 0??

Post by TBC on Sun May 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Mostly what the Title says :p

What would like to see implemented? This can be story related, gameplay or anything else.

I'd love to hear it!! Very Happy
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What Would YOU Like to See in Gen 0??

Post by FiveTimesFeebas on Sun May 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Random people calling you (Joey?). And maybe that actions you did had at least some kind of consequenses. Like if you help Joey find his rattata early in they game, he'll help you or give you something later in the game. Or that he wont become a team rocket or w/e. And that people will talk about your actions. That'd add a nice touch of being in a real world and not just isolated towns...

FiveTimesFeebas

Trainer Card
Trainer Name::
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shinydragonmist on Sun May 12, 2013 4:05 pm

personally i would like to capture the pokemon that i see and maybe multiple missingno. that if caught turn out to be a legendry pokem9on from another region but only apper after you beat the champion

shinydragonmist

Trainer Card
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AnthonyOwnsThis on Sun May 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Maybe at some point you could meet a young Giovanni on his own pokemon journey, and see his transformation from an aspiring trainer to a leader of a criminal organization

AnthonyOwnsThis

Trainer Card
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun May 12, 2013 5:29 pm

@FiveTimesFeebas wrote:Random people calling you (Joey?). And maybe that actions you did had at least some kind of consequenses. Like if you help Joey find his rattata early in they game, he'll help you or give you something later in the game. Or that he wont become a team rocket or w/e. And that people will talk about your actions. That'd add a nice touch of being in a real world and not just isolated towns...
Why would people call you Joey???

Of course Very Happy I definitely plan on making it where stuff you do matters. I hate it when I become the champion and people are like "hey here's how to catch a Pokemon".... It's like ummmm. WUT? XD

Also, Joey won't be in this game.... lol. He was like 10 in R/B, meaning he still has like 25 years before he's born haha.

@shinydragonmist wrote:personally i would like to capture the pokemon that i see and maybe multiple missingno. that if caught turn out to be a legendry pokem9on from another region but only apper after you beat the champion
What do you mean by "Capture the pokemon thaat i see"? And I don't think I'll be putting Missingo in. If I do, it won't evolve into a legendary. Especially from another region. This is made to be as separated from other regions as it can be hahahaha. Unless something in canon is noted stating a pokemon from another region was in Kanto 35 years ago.

Things need to be balanced and plausible.

@AnthonyOwnsThis wrote:Maybe at some point you could meet a young Giovanni on his own pokemon journey, and see his transformation from an aspiring trainer to a leader of a criminal organization
That's a good idea Smile But the timeframe of the game doesn't allow it. You'd have to progress years in the game's storyline to see Giovanni come to power. In Gen 0 he's only going to be like 5-10 or so. He isn't too much older than 35. At the most he'd be the same age as Sam. But in this game Madame Boss, Giovanni's mother, will be the leader of Team Rocket.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by FiveTimesFeebas on Mon May 13, 2013 4:38 am

With Joey, I kinda meant any NPC Smile Maybe Joeys grandpa? Anyway. More random Pokemon spawning in fitting places. Like snorlaxes blocking cave entrances, or slowpokes in random places...
And more interesting Pokemarts! Atm all pokemarts are all the same... Maybe each town could have a speciality, like a berry, or a pokeboll?

FiveTimesFeebas

Trainer Card
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon May 13, 2013 7:02 am

@FiveTimesFeebas wrote:With Joey, I kinda meant any NPC Smile Maybe Joeys grandpa? Anyway. More random Pokemon spawning in fitting places. Like snorlaxes blocking cave entrances, or slowpokes in random places...
And more interesting Pokemarts! Atm all pokemarts are all the same... Maybe each town could have a speciality, like a berry, or a pokeboll?
Of course I'll be making Pokemon more applicable Smile I plan on making it where certain ones appear in different areas that lend to where they should be.

I do like the idea about the shops ^_^ I had some ideas about making the inventories change depend on the time of the month. Like their stock would change the last 2 weeks because of selling out certain items. Or some shops may have only a few of some item.

But yeah. It'd be neat for some shops to be known for specific things Smile
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by thehikoreport on Wed May 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Well I had put somethings in a e-mail but i'll share them here so the other can see. End game challenges, how the battle frontier started, and favorite quotes from tv, games, movies, and animes from the team working on it. For the rest I have to go into the e-mail lol
thehikoreport

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Masahiko, Ichirou
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku on Tue May 21, 2013 10:28 am

Is it possible to add a secret bases similar to the ones in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald?
Otaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealLazerBlazer22 on Tue May 21, 2013 4:11 pm

I'd like Pokémon Contests and Secret Bases as well as the ability to change outfits etc. Very Happy
TheRealLazerBlazer22

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Robert"Lazer"
Region: Unova
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kingof7s on Tue May 21, 2013 8:40 pm

I'd love for all the suggestions already stated. I'd like it if time passes through the game, like in gen 5, but instead of just seasons, years as well, and the characters appearances and personalities and such change.

Look me up.

If you can find me.
kingof7s

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Prince
Region: Hoenn
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cyseah on Tue May 21, 2013 10:08 pm

First, instead of making it Oak or Agatha, personal customization? if possible would be nice.

Second, since it's generation 0, make the pokemon look more "primitive."

Third, random real time events, making each new game unique.

cyseah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Wed May 22, 2013 11:17 pm

@thehikoreport wrote:Well I had put somethings in a e-mail but i'll share them here so the other can see. End game challenges, how the battle frontier started, and favorite quotes from tv, games, movies, and animes from the team working on it. For the rest I have to go into the e-mail lol
End-game challenges will definitely be implemented Very Happy I like the quote ideas as well Very Happy I can check into the battle frontier thing.

@Otaku wrote:Is it possible to add a secret bases similar to the ones in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald?
No, I don't think that's a possibility. At least with current script limitations.

@TheRealLazerBlazer22 wrote:I'd like Pokémon Contests and Secret Bases as well as the ability to change outfits etc. Very Happy
Do you mean Pokemon contests like the ones in later games? I actually really don't want to include those lol XD But yeah, I've already stated before (If forums were used more it could already be up here!! :p we plan on doing different outfits for Oak and Agatha.

@kingof7s wrote:I'd love for all the suggestions already stated. I'd like it if time passes through the game, like in gen 5, but instead of just seasons, years as well, and the characters appearances and personalities and such change.
That's a neat idea. However, it is completely unfeasible. It wouldn't happen at all. Adding that many small things to the game would not only make it never get done, it would bog it down a TON. I would like to have seasons, but I don't think that would happen either.

However.... I will have week and month-based events. In addition, different things you do will make a difference in how people interact with you.

@cyseah wrote:First, instead of making it Oak or Agatha, personal customization? if possible would be nice.

Second, since it's generation 0, make the pokemon look more "primitive."

Third, random real time events, making each new game unique.
So you would like me to take out the entire basis and idea behind the entire game? ..... This game is explicitly about Oak and Agatha...

In addition, this is 35 years before the events of Red/Blue. Did your Dad's dog when he was 5 look primitive? lol.

Please look at the FAQ for more information.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Otaku on Sat May 25, 2013 8:10 am

@TBC wrote:
No, I don't think that's a possibility. At least with current script limitations.

I see, it would be more of a nice addition to game. If it wouldn't be possible to add them in the game or distract you from other important aspects of the game, then it's certainly not worth the time.
Otaku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fou on Sat May 25, 2013 6:09 pm

I'm not sure if something like this would be possible to create (from my limited knowledge, it -might- be possible but difficult to do), but perhaps something similar to the bug pokemon contests from G/S except with a pokemon type other than just bugs or maybe not even type specific? Perhaps it could happen in the place where the Safari Zone is located?
Fou

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Fou
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat May 25, 2013 10:05 pm

@Fou wrote:I'm not sure if something like this would be possible to create (from my limited knowledge, it -might- be possible but difficult to do), but perhaps something similar to the bug pokemon contests from G/S except with a pokemon type other than just bugs or maybe not even type specific? Perhaps it could happen in the place where the Safari Zone is located?

That's a maybe. I do think there's a type of bug catching contest thing in the Essentials Starter Kit, but I don't know if it is bug-free. I'll look into it, though Smile

Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fou on Sat May 25, 2013 10:08 pm

@TBC wrote:
@Fou wrote:I'm not sure if something like this would be possible to create (from my limited knowledge, it -might- be possible but difficult to do), but perhaps something similar to the bug pokemon contests from G/S except with a pokemon type other than just bugs or maybe not even type specific? Perhaps it could happen in the place where the Safari Zone is located?

That's a maybe. I do think there's a type of bug catching contest thing in the Essentials Starter Kit, but I don't know if it is bug-free. I'll look into it, though Smile

Great! Smile If it works and you don't have anything planned or there isn't anything already stated in the history, that could work out as the foundation of the future Safari Zone. Wink :p
Fou

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Fou
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bera on Tue May 28, 2013 5:11 am

as a guy obsessed with eevee i would like to see story of eevee's,evolution stones and why there is only one eevee in first games
i will be very happy if you include espeon and umbreon
as i read on faq, there will be some fakemons another eeveelution maybe Very Happy

thats all for now...
bera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:44 pm

@bera wrote:as a guy obsessed with eevee i would like to see story of eevee's,evolution stones and why there is only one eevee in first games
i will be very happy if you include espeon and umbreon
as i read on faq, there will be some fakemons another eeveelution maybe Very Happy

thats all for now...

I could do an eevee-centric guy Razz Very Happy I don't know if I would be able to go into the origin of Eevee's evolutions. It seems like they were around for quite some time. But I could definitely discuss it with Tyrheon and maybe have some history books alluding to different things.

I have said many times, I will not be including Generation 2+ Pokemon unless they are babies. It isn't canonical and unless it has legitimate story merit, it won't happen.

For example, if there was a legitimate Pokemon story or reference stating Skarmory was in Kanto in the time of R/B, I would be inclined to add him in some way. But without the veracity of their appearance, it won't happen.

I'll keep the fakemon eevee thing in mind Smile
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrheon on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:01 am

@TBC wrote:
I could do an eevee-centric guy RazzVery Happy I don't know if I would be able to go into the origin of Eevee's evolutions. It seems like they were around for quite some time. But I could definitely discuss it with Tyrheon and maybe have some history books alluding to different things.
Yes, these are definitely things that could go into books; however, 'origins' described in my books should not necessarily be taken as wholesale truths -- perhaps not as truths of any sale at all. Remember (to no one in particular), just as it is in real life, histories are sometimes apocryphal. Sometimes writers lie; sometimes they are misguided or deluded; sometimes they scribble down fantasies or stories and present them as real.
I've written several books, for instance, where scientists have incredibly bizarre notions about Pokemon abilities, etc. -- none of it is very 'true.' Snippets of truth. Not all truth. That being said, even if I write about the history of Eevee in a book, it's not necessarily going to say a lot about Eevee, factually. It may; it may not.
That's the beauty of a role-playing game, but more importantly, the beauty of a more realistic, more well-honed story, the sort of game TBC and the rest of the team aim to create. The world is not cut-and-paste; there are many ways to tell one story. The books you will read in Gen 0 will reflect this real-world mindset; not every writer is a Pokemon designer speaking to his audience, teaching him things about a video game. They are breathing, speaking characters in a story.

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: BigDaddySlayer
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Matheusfx on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:18 am

I think it would be hard to implement, since it came from the Starter Kit, but it would be awesome to be able to write directly when you're going to type something in the game, it is kinda boring to select each letter you want to write silent This would change a bit of the GBA feeling, but Christ, this would be an awesome little feature Razz
Matheusfx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:57 am

@matheusfx wrote:I think it would be hard to implement, since it came from the Starter Kit, but it would be awesome to be able to write directly when you're going to type something in the game, it is kinda boring to select each letter you want to write silent This would change a bit of the GBA feeling, but Christ, this would be an awesome little feature Razz

I completely agree with you. I just don't know how it would be done. I have wanted to look into it, though ^_^   I'll have to check around and see if it's possible.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

The Old Ball, And Character Designs.

Post by Weltar on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:46 am

Well, I happen to feel very good about your concept entirely and I'm rather liking the visuals for Aggie and Sam, I especially notice your inspirations on Sam, I was wondering if you would possibly incorporate the old ball? (No Official Name)  
The one obviously from the fourth film, like I mentioned has no name, but I suppose it could still be called a pokeball being that it is just an early model. One other question as no official art of a youthful Agatha has ever emerged why such a vibrant pink, it seems a bit strong for her... Not that I don't approve your choices and the tone kind of reminds me of her trainer sprite in FireRed and LeafGreen. The biggest off put for me is the eyes. They just feel a bit to vibrant and strong for the character model almost invasive, although I find the hair and clothing aside from possibly the  hair ornament to be absolutely spot on for her. Given that this is all suggestion and query and merely my opinion I find that your concept is rather and impressive task to take on, and am honestly please with any progress you make in such an endeavor and you have my support in any and all points you decide on.

Weltar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:19 am

Thank you for the compliments!!!! I'm glad you like the game Smile I already plan on adding older Pokeballs. Have planned to for awhile.

Is your Mother the same exact person she was 35 years ago? Did she wear the same clothes or had the same hair color/cut? No? hahahahahaha. Of course not. People at 15 are quite different from when they are 50.

Give me a 50 year old that dressed the exact same when she was 15 and I will do dirty things to you for free XD hahahahahaha.

Also, the eyes are important as well. Invasive. That's a good thing. You have to realize this game is made to explain WHY Agatha and Oak have that tension and problems between them. Things won't be the same Smile

Yes. This should go in the "suggestions" forum. There I a place for that.

But yeah, I want to thank you for the compliments and support!!!!! I'm very glad you like Gen 0 Smile

Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Psychology Can Be Fun

Post by Weltar on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:30 pm

Oh, I never was implementing that people look the same at 15 to 50 I merely was making a point on the fact that her lifelong fascination with ghost pokemon doesn't reflect her style as much as Samuel's love of researching and studying pokemon reflects his style, a simplistic attire kind of reflective of Steve Irwin (Although Sam has Longer Shorts) if you noticed making it easy for him to be out in the field as for color beige can be go for not being as easily detected by the subject of your research and green shorts are great for not showing grass stains, while Agatha has this vibrant pink and flush white look that really doesn't speak much for someone with a fascination with the dead... I never felt the clothes were wrong other then The Hair Ornament which feels out of place looking a bit modern and cheap plastic like but that part is my opinion. Suspect 

The eyes over a while have grown on me, I'd say those work well for her, It just it seems to be an overload of a single color... As for the a person that's 50 and acts and dress the way they were then they were 15 I can actually give you a handful of those one of them actually is a good friend of my family, plus if you think on some terms maturity these days, comes later and later for our youth, so it may be hard to imagine anyone from our generation growing up to 50 and acting 15, but to be honest the term "young at heart" can reach a broad spectrum of levels.

Also I suppose I should beg pardon on not placing this in Suggestions but at the time I felt that this was something I wanted to see implemented based on current content of the game, I felt this was a good place to mention my interest in an older pokeball model as only notebooks were mentioned planned in game, (Pokedex being the Future Technology) but of course after doing some research on the design of the older pokeball, to the best of my ability and seeing the Sammy Oak model from the show I got it in my head to comment on your personal design of the characters, researching oak and Agatha and psychologically decaying their personalities based on Samuel oaks portrayal in the Pokemon 4-Ever movie, basically down grading how they act at their age, and taking the base models you have derived Sam having a lifelong fascination with Pokemon Study, and Agatha a fascination with Ghost Types. You see what I mean by that?

Weltar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum