Thoughts on New Pokemon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thoughts on New Pokemon?

Post by TBC on Thu May 16, 2013 9:48 pm

NOTE: I will not tolerate any flame-wars here. This thread is for polite exchanging of ideas and opinions only.

So? What do you think of the newest batch of Pokemon? I feel they really catch the feeling of the older generations pretty well. I like their vibrant colors and the more simplistic designs of the early evos.

The only thing I'm not too hot on are the legendaries. I feel they are a bit too gaudy. Ylveltal kinda looks like a Digimon to me :p Though, I do like Mewtwo's new form a lot. It looks really elegant.

All-in-all, I'm really excited for the next generation of Pokemon. What are your thoughts? Do you think they are going in a good direction so far? Or do you not like how they're turning out?

Let's hear your(POLITE) thoughts! Very Happy
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts on New Pokemon?

Post by TheRealLazerBlazer22 on Mon May 20, 2013 4:57 pm

I think it's cool, the simplistic format fits good for the younger ones, while keeping people interested, it may even bring back a bit of nostalgia...
I love Pokémon, and always will. Very Happy
-Pokémon Forever- TheRealLazer
TheRealLazerBlazer22

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Robert"Lazer"
Region: Unova
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fou on Mon May 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Although I grew up with Gen 1 and most of my favorites are from that gen, I like pokemon from all generations and have no real problems with the new pokemon. I'm not a big fan of Mewtwo's new form as I thought he was fine as is, but what's done is done. Helioptile looks kind of weird to me though.... and they messed up the Triforce on it's face. Fletching looks like a Diglett bred with a bird. :p
Fou

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Fou
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon May 20, 2013 8:09 pm

@TheRealLazerBlazer22 wrote:I think it's cool, the simplistic format fits good for the younger ones, while keeping people interested, it may even bring back a bit of nostalgia...
I love Pokémon, and always will. Very Happy
-Pokémon Forever- TheRealLazer
Definitely, it does. It seems like the ones they've shown actually fit more into Gen 1/2 design. I can't wait for this to be released. I despised Gen 4, and some of Gen 5 bothered me(not a lot, I have White and really enjoy it), but I'm super excited for X and Y. My only gripe is the names of em >.> hahahaha.

@Fou wrote:Although I grew up with Gen 1 and most of my favorites are from that gen, I like pokemon from all generations and have no real problems with the new pokemon. I'm not a big fan of Mewtwo's new form as I thought he was fine as is, but what's done is done. Helioptile looks kind of weird to me though.... and they messed up the Triforce on it's face. Fletching looks like a Diglett bred with a bird. :p
Oh, as do I. Aside from Gen 4.... I dislike almost everything from Gen 4. There are a few I like, but not many at all there. Dood I love Mewtwo's new form!!! Very Happy I like the sleek design of him and stuff. Helioptile looks flippin cute I think :p He's a cool thunder lizard thingy. He looks cooler in the trailer cuz you see his weird side-head flaps move. Hahahaha.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fou on Mon May 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Just watched the trailer since I hadn't seen it. You're right, he did look cooler in there lol. I don't like the ears when they aren't doing that thing. :p I'm a lizard lover, so that's probably why I don't care for them. :p
Fou

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Fou
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon May 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Hahahaha. That means you should like em more :p But yeah I think he's cute ^_^ hahahaha. Can't wait to see more Pokemon.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:19 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Gen VI pokemon, at least until late game (as guessed at by high pokedex numbers). I don't particularly dislike or condemn them, but they just don't hold me quite the same way that others do (such as gen III or V).
Drazex

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Brian
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top