Lore Book Examples

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lore Book Examples

Post by Tyrheon on Fri May 17, 2013 12:10 am

Here I -- your humble correspondent Tyrheon, as well as other team writers -- will post lore, scripts, and snatches of writing for various areas. Feel free to critique, suggest, and ask questions. Otherwise, enjoy!

I will start with this:

Some books are short, and are not actually "books," just descriptions of what the characters read, like this:

"Pokémon habitats are described in detail in these books, from grasslands, to deserts, to frost-crowned mountaintops. It’s awing that Pokémon are so widespread.

Even in the bowels of the earth Pokémon are said to thrive: creatures of magma, of liquid stone, of cruel, white-hot fire. Pokémon are universally loved for a reason: no matter where in the world someone is, there is always an amazing Pokémon to meet, to know, and to marvel at as something entirely new."

What's the most extreme Gen 1 Pokemon you can think of?

Also, I fear posting long stories, because of attention spans. Would you like to continue to see small works in the forums? Or would you like larger works too?

Last edited by Tyrheon on Fri May 17, 2013 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spltting the threads)
Tyrheon

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: BigDaddySlayer
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lore Book Examples

Post by JJCalem on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:00 am

I would love seeming more lore actually ^_^

Just the fact you have 4 pollution Pokemon seems rather extreme to my, just to answer your question.  (Trubbish too completing the pollution trio, but being a Gen V Pokemon we definitely never saw it in Kanto)
JJCalem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:50 am

@JJCalem wrote:I would love seeming more lore actually ^_^
So would I Sad  Unfortunately, the awesome Tyrheon is mostly gone from the team now. He's not off the team. But his life is very busy with school and other things, so he's on a semi-to-permanent hiatus. However, I'm on the lookout for more writers. When more come, there will be more posts like this Smile

@JJCalem wrote:Just the fact you have 4 pollution Pokemon seems rather extreme to my
How is that extreme? Also, I can only think of 2 Pollution Pokemon(not counting evolutions); Grimer and Koffing. The game only takes place 35 years before Gen 1. With the advanced technology they have, it is quite feasible pollution was around before then as well.  Also, Erika talks about how a Grimer attacked her as a child when her Gloom saved her. She didn't say the Pokemon was new or mysterious. She just mentioned how she was attacked.

Since there was no "this new Pokemon attacked me!" or like she didn't express how it was some super rare thing, that means that Grimer as a whole were common when she was a child.
Here is a picture of when she was a kid with her Gloom when it saved her.

And here is an almost identical one, but of her as an adult with her Gloom

With how anime is, this is actually fairly large age-gap. I'd say Erika is at least 20 in the anime and she was probably about 5-8 as a child in the first picture. With being able to ascertain Grimer as a common pokemon 10-15 years in the past, it's safe to say they weren't new in the last 20 years before that even. So with Gen 0, it's safe to say they were around as well.

The Pokemon universe would have hit their industrial revolution faaaaaaar before us, given the mass amounts of technological advancement needed for the Pokeball and their trains. It just doesn't seem plausible that there would be 0 pollution 3 decades earlier, and enough to make an entire region have these Pokemon created from it only 35 years later.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:41 am

I think Calem was just saying that the pollution pokemon were another example of "extreme environment" pokemon ^_^'' Sludge is certainly not a life-ready environment.

And I think he was meaning Koffing/Weezing and Grimer/Muk for the four. "You have" was I believe just "there are".
Drazex

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Brian
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:51 pm

@Drazex wrote:And I think he was meaning Koffing/Weezing and Grimer/Muk for the four.  "You have" was I believe just "there are".
No, that's not it.

@Tyrheon wrote:What's the most extreme Gen 1 Pokemon you can think of?
Callum wrote:Just the fact you have 4 pollution Pokemon seems rather extreme to my, just to answer your question. (Trubbish too completing the pollution trio, but being a Gen V Pokemon we definitely never saw it in Kanto)
So he was referring to the 4 pollution pokemon being included in Kanto during the events of Gen 0.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down