A Possible Introduction Might Be In Order...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Possible Introduction Might Be In Order...

Post by Weltar on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Well, I joined a while back but never truly bother to introduce myself, my name is Weltar, which is an anagram of my actual name, but you'll never guess what it is. I'm in my early 20's and I'm a hobbyist programmer, animator, artist, writer and actor. I study Psychology, and Phonetics. I'm going to school for game design as I find it combines most of my passions, including phonetics. Though I've taken courses in just about everything, and had plans to be everything from a psychiatrist to a speech therapist, video games just kept calling me back. I also have an interest in medicine and veterinary work due to exposure from family with jobs in those fields though I don't have any major plans for a career from such things.

Pokemon has been the longest running game series that my life has centered on, even going so far as when I was younger working on a Pokemon MMO known as Pokemon global which later received a cease and desist order, but since then Pokemon fan games have been a major influence on my fascination with game design even going so far as building several Pokemon hacks myself, though I have never completed a hack to the point I was satisfied enough to share one online, though I came close once with a hack of Pokemon Fire Red. I have a fluent understanding of several pg languages such as Java, experience with flash and use of many different art programs and tools my personal favorite though is my Waccom tablet.

I love music and enjoy it in all forms, even country to an extent. I play the Accordion which where I live people find strange, and I dabble in comedy and such. I can get a bit angry when pushed but I generally have a calm attitude about most things, and do my best to be understanding of others. I'm always happy to make new friends and talk with new people so here is to the Generation 0 game and its community. I hope to have a good time with everyone here, and those who come to it in the future.

Weltar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Possible Introduction Might Be In Order...

Post by meepmeep189 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:48 pm

That's certainly a very detailed description about yourself sir lol. I'm Tim, the overworld character spriter for Gen 0. I was very interested you're pursuing a video game design career, as I am too. Where do you currently go to school at?
I the section leader of the french horns here in the band we have here, accordion isn't all that strange Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Weltar on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:37 pm

@meepmeep189 wrote:That's certainly a very detailed description about yourself sir lol. I'm Tim, the overworld character spriter for Gen 0. I was very interested you're pursuing a video game design career, as I am too. Where do you currently go to school at?
I the section leader of the french horns here in the band we have here, accordion isn't all that strange Razz
Currently due to finances, I am taking online courses through DigiPen for desired classes. And have been taking basics such as college math and English at local schools in my area. Once I've reached a certain point I plan to become a full time student at DigiPen and move to Redmond, Washington. As for the detail, I tend to be pretty descriptive whenever I make a comment or post these days.

Weltar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi Walter!!! Smile

First of all, welcome to the forums Smile It's nice to have new faces around, especially people who actually make long posts!! Very Happy

Nice lineup there!!! It's always good to have a varying list of what you like to do. I'm pretty similar myself. I study Psychology and Japanese and I want to go to college for Japanese. However I want to be a video game designer. However, I also play the violin and being a teacher would be amazing. And, as of late, I'm kind of toying with the idea of becoming a nanny.

Awesome!!! I would love it if you were to share some of your hacks on the forums here Smile There's some sections for that. So you can program? Have you worked with Ruby(Used in RPG Maker XP)?? If you do know it, or could learn it, I would like it if you got a hold of me personally.

I'm relatively similar there as well Smile I like hard rock, Japanese Pop and Classical music mostly. I'm learning the violin right now, but I want to learn how to play the harp and piano after that as well.

Anyway, I'm happy to welcome you to the Gen 0 community Smile As you cans see, things are a little slow on the forum front, but it has to start somewhere.
Hope to see you around more!!!

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top