Poke-memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Poke-memories

Post by imdannyboy909 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:37 pm

So I made this post on the old forums but it was right before everything changed so I thought I put it up again.

I wanna know what your most memorable time you had with Pokemon.

I have many but I'll just name a few.
I started playing Pokemon when I would go to my dad's hockey games as a kid. I didn't have my own gameboy (but somehow had my own copy of Pokemon) and borrowed my buddies original gameboy (the giant ass one). We would play every week and our parents would hit hockey pucks up to us (not hitting us of course) cause we would yell them to.
A second memory was me quite a bit older. In highschool most people didn't know that me and my friends were into Pokemon so we made it into almost a game of hiding and talking about Pokemon. We made everything into an analogy with pokemon, from the Safari Zone and Picking up chicks to general pokemon and tennis.

imdannyboy909

Trainer Card
Trainer Name::
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poke-memories

Post by Aridifolia on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:07 am

A minor bump.

Ah, those sound like good memories. For me, one of the greatest surprises was after defeating the Elite Four in Johto and discovering that you could travel back to Kanto. Little me was so ecstatic over this.

I actually never got to link a game until I got Diamond version, so the first time being able to trade was special to me. Pretty sure I still have that Alakazam.

Oh, and Pokemon Stadiums 1&2. I played those to death with my family.
Aridifolia

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Link
Region: Johto
Friend Code: 0318-6806-6899

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:25 pm

I fondly remember, back in elementary school, printing out a packet of like 20 pages from various websites which claimed to have glitches. Some, like Glitch City and MissingNo, actually worked. Most... well, they were sending me for mist stones and pikablu, so you can see the problem Razz Ah, Pokemon was so mysterious back in the 90's XD
Drazex

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Brian
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJCalem on Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:45 pm

I was convinced that MissingNo couldn't be real. The steps to get him seemed so arbitrary xD
JJCalem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top