Pokemon Pinball

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pokemon Pinball

Post by DMoCTTA on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Anyone else play it? LOVE playing it while waiting for class!
DMoCTTA

Trainer Card
Trainer Name::
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/DMoCTTA

Back to top Go down

Re: Pokemon Pinball

Post by Drazex on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:25 pm

I never played the original, but oh did I used to have fun with the R/S one. I forget how far I got, but I know that one of my records involved beating the top legendary a few times over >.>
Drazex

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Brian
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:45 am

OMG Pokemon pinball is on the 3DS now! I loved both versions! R/S was more enjoyable though, just because you could switch between the versions when bored. Plus the legendary and other bonus round were awesome. Spheal volleyball? can it get better than that?

"If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane"
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world"
Hydro

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Quinlan
Region: Hoenn
Friend Code: 3926-5951-3699

View user profile http://z15.invisionfree.com/Hydro_Haven/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by KvaGram on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:38 am

Heh.. Pokemon pin-ball? Yeah, I played the versions from gen1 to gen3.
KvaGram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Wow I've actually never played Pokemon Pinball o.0   I've played the TCG game on gameboy, though :p

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:28 am

I tried the TCG game, and just couldn't get into it. The problem with trading card video games seems to be that they give you crap starter decks, and you can't improve the deck unless you beat someone with a better deck than you >.> (either than or I just suck at the pokemon TCG)

...though I'm an avid Yugioh player, and the problem holds about as true for those games as the pkmn TCG game, though at least your first opponent in those games usually duels worse than your pet hamster would.
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:08 pm

I never had that issue o.0   Maybe you just gotta find the right guys to duel with and such. I never really had an issue playing it. I played the Yu-Gi-Oh games a bit, too. Didn't find em as fun. I just don't like it as much as Pokemon.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:17 am

I think I kept losing like the first duel in the Pokemon TCG. >.> I'll have to give it another go later, but iirc, I had like a two or three color deck, and never drew the right energy cards to use anything, etc >.> Meanwhile, my first opponent had like a 1 color deck that, despite having weak cards, was able to do its thing without a hitch.

Yugioh I've done much better with, and have won the games I've put my mind to, but it's tedious to farm boosters for halfway decent cards, especially in the World Championship series -_- Though the low-level AI in WCT 2004 especially is hilarious. The AI is very good for "higher level" duelists, but the first duelist of the game once sacrificed a monster to summon a weaker monster. And then sacrificed that one to bring out something weaker than that. XD
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:05 pm

@Drazex wrote:I think I kept losing like the first duel in the Pokemon TCG. >.>  I'll have to give it another go later, but iirc, I had like a two or three color deck, and never drew the right energy cards to use anything, etc >.>  Meanwhile, my first opponent had like a 1 color deck that, despite having weak cards, was able to do its thing without a hitch.
I wouldn't suggest going with a 3 color deck. That would end up hindering you more then helping, I think. Two is a solid way to go. Also, make sure you have enough colorless Pokemon so even if you draw grass let's say, for your water one, you can still do an attack. Having trainers to help get more cards definitely is a boon, too.

@Drazex wrote:Yugioh I've done much better with, and have won the games I've put my mind to, but it's tedious to farm boosters for halfway decent cards, especially in the World Championship series -_-  Though the low-level AI in WCT 2004 especially is hilarious.  The AI is very good for "higher level" duelists, but the first duelist of the game once sacrificed a monster to summon a weaker monster.  And then sacrificed that one to bring out something weaker than that.  XD
Oh wow XD That's great :p Yeah I had some fun with Yu-Gi-Oh back in the day. It just never caught me as much as Magic or Pokemon did, though.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:29 am

@TBC wrote:I wouldn't suggest going with a 3 color deck. That would end up hindering you more then helping
I know, that's why I was desperately trying to get new cards so I could make a *good* deck (1 color would be ideal until I could pick up some rare cards) XD I know how to play the TCG, but their *starting deck* was such crap, that I couldn't get any money to build a proper deck Razz

And regarding yugioh, for me, the lack of reliance on energy/lands made it INFINITELY better (a matter of personal taste, I know). The deck balance of yugioh is so much more exacting as a result, as you don't have to worry about drawing no energy/lands, or nothing but energy/lands. If you build your deck particularly well, even if you don't get what you need, in yugioh, you can still get something you can use.
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Hmmm.... I still don't remember ever really having a problem with the starter deck. Maybe it's the grinder in me and I found like one of the easier people and just pwnd on them or something. I dunno :p Now you're making me want to start the game again lol.... I wish they had newer TCG games. That thing was fun.

I actually gotta disagree a bit on that. I felt yugioh was kind of annoying because of the whole sacrificing system they had. It was like the land/energy system, but different and to me not in a great way.  I'm not bashing the game, just I didn't enjoy that mechanic.

With enough trainers to help get cards and an evened deck in the TCG, it works out pretty well I think. Ugh. I miss playing it in real life too lol
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:31 am

@TBC wrote:I felt yugioh was kind of annoying because of the whole sacrificing system they had.
Lol, don't you have to "sacrifice" your basic pokemon to bring out a stage 1? Not bashing pokemon, but I don't see sacrificing as at all similar to energies/lands. Wink

With enough spell cards to help get cards, and an evened deck, it works out pretty well in Yugioh. Razz Also, instead of getting energy/lands, you're getting more monsters and spells/traps.

It's all a matter of preference, of course. And this conversation makes me want to go back and play the TCG game, too.
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:41 pm

@Drazex wrote:Lol, don't you have to "sacrifice" your basic pokemon to bring out a stage 1?  Not bashing pokemon, but I don't see sacrificing as at all similar to energies/lands. Wink
It's a bit different with Pokemon. You have the Pokemon with some minor abilities, and you replace it with an upgraded version. You could have some cool monsters in Yugioh that would be good by themselves, even, but have to sacrifice arbitrarily for some other monster based on the rarity number pretty much. With Pokemon, it has more of a reasoning behind it.

I didn't think you were bashing it :p It's a good call-out.

@Drazex wrote:It's all a matter of preference, of course.  And this conversation makes me want to go back and play the TCG game, too.  
Definitely. I have a 3DS now, and the TCG is on the virtual console.... I may have to get it lol.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down