What Would YOU Like to See in Gen 0??

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Would YOU Like to See in Gen 0??

Post by TBC on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:55 pm

It seems that you're coming from the presupposition that I'm making Agatha the same exact person she is when she is 50.  Yes, there are "young hearts" out there, but that is definitely not the norm. Most people will change their general style as they get older. Also, molding their personalities. While some people carry their overarching personality through their lives, many do change.

Someone as bitter as Agatha, as she is in Gen 1, does not get there quickly.  The type of resentment she has for Oak is not something to spur over night.  Generation 0 is going to chronicle HOW Agatha and Oak got close, and why they drifted apart.

So you're saying a fascination with the dark necessitates you dress darkly or gothicly? I would disagree. I love bands like Disturbed, Slipknot etc. and love my hard rock and angry sounding music.  I also love to study serial killers and love the games Silent Hill and Resident Evil and Diablo.  However, I also love My Little Pony and Classical music, and I like to dress with whites and yellows. So my interests vary quite a bit, and my darker interests do not reflect my appearance much at all.

I'll have to respond on the pokeball thing later, gotta get back to work.

But anywho, I'll leave you with this as well. This is a pretty good indicator to show why she'd be able to dress the way she does in Gen 0.

TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryphon on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:56 am

Random thoughts, 
1. trade item evolutions possibly be changed to use item evos.

2. Trade evolutions being happiness day/night.

3. Cubone/Marowak metal coat ground/steel type? Supposing you'd do fakemon. 

None of this needs to be done, just some cool ideas I thought might work. Let me know what you think, and if you're still working on this project.
Gryphon

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Raiden
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Gryphon wrote:Random thoughts, 
1. trade item evolutions possibly be changed to use item evos.

2. Trade evolutions being happiness day/night.
I actually cover these right in the FAQ.   If you have any suggestions about the specific ideas for evolutions you have, I would be glad to hear them Smile

Gryphon wrote:
3. Cubone/Marowak metal coat ground/steel type? Supposing you'd do fakemon.

None of this needs to be done, just some cool ideas I thought might work. Let me know what you think, and if you're still working on this project.
I also cover Fakmon on the FAQ as well... Make sure you read that :p     I am not doing random ones, though. They all have to be story driven as to why they aren't in Kanto during Gen 1, or as to why they aren't referenced at all. If you can fit the canon into it, I would be happy to take ideas in consideration Very Happy

Thanks for the suggestions!
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryphon on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:39 am

Mostly I was thinking haunter night-happiness. Machoke to machamp could probably be a sort of Champion's Belt item evolve quest. Golem, uhhh... Maybe some sort of hard-stone cluster quest? Not a clue, really, on Golem. But, maybe that'd give you an idea.

Aside from that, the whole "non-canonical Marrowsteel" I'll have to chew on for a bit.. I have something, I'm sure I could come up with something better.... 

Perhaps it was a sick experiment that caused the cubone's mother to die from gen 1... But, one of which experiments was accomplished, and was about the same level of abomination (maybe not of power) as mewtwo could've been considered in the world of science. It gets caught by the player Oak/Agatha, only used once within the new story lines of Gen 0, never to be heard from again (but still playable thereafter). So, it'd be something like a legendary encounter, but not quite a legendary... That's all I've got so far, perhaps I could come up with something better. But for now, it ought to do... Though, it would fit perfectly with the whole theme of some team like Team Rocket looking for powerful pokemon, and the race to catch it first; but on a more morally involved level than most pokemon games, perhaps...
Gryphon

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Raiden
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tj9304 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:46 pm

Can you add, Toggle AutoRun Please?? I just

and Toggle Autosave option, where you can save with a key if youn get stuck or you want to catch a pokemon, or special occasion.

SO far i like the demo and well its hard as heck even training isnt easy in the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TJ9304Gaming
tj9304

Trainer Card
Trainer Name::
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Breeder Quest?

Post by camilla.decker on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:52 pm

I think it would be fun to do a quest for a breeder (or some kind of Bill quest) where the end prize is to choose one pokemon of your choice and raise it from an egg. I suppose the choices could be limited or limitless but regardless I think it should be an early quest to allow the baby pokemon to bond and level up along side the party.

Either this or

An abandoned/injured pokemon rescue. Limited to one pokemon per trainer. However since the pokemon was traumatized you have to go on a bonding quest (the pokemon travels with you out of pokeball until happy?) where you search for some mystic happy fruit that allows trainer and pokemon to move forward from traumatic experience. The quest is just top of my head whatevers.

I'd love to do either of these quests. Very Happy
camilla.decker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DRAGONAIR on Fri May 30, 2014 8:19 am

It's awesome how the hiker changes what he says if you talk to him at the moment a diglet shows up. It be really neat if you could talk to a diglett and start a battle (like route 13 in gen 6). Maybe you could even make a sidequest where you have to catch a diglett for the hiker.
I imagine him first looking around at the place the helpfull abra is sitting, saying something like 'damn those little diglett are fast, how am i ever going to get one..? Oh hey there, could you help me cathing a digglet?' (Answer yes or no) 'thank you alot. Oh i know i'll give you these poleballs. I'll go stand a bit north so that i won't scare them away from you.' And that he then give 3 pokeballs and walks off to where he is standing now, and when you caught a diglett and talk to him again he gives you a reward, or offers you a trade or something. That'd be really awesome. hope i is possible to execute

DRAGONAIR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:09 am

I'd say... A Battle Frontier type of thing. Not sure how this could be made or organized, but that's always one thing that I extremely enjoyed, and I'm sure it could be added in some way.

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Glyph
Region: Unova
Friend Code: Pokemon Showdown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:19 am

camilla.decker wrote:I think it would be fun to do a quest for a breeder (or some kind of Bill quest) where the end prize is to choose one pokemon of your choice and raise it from an egg. I suppose the choices could be limited or limitless but regardless I think it should be an early quest to allow the baby pokemon to bond and level up along side the party.
I actually really like this idea. Thank you for the suggestion!  I can't say for certain which demo it'll be in. But keep an eye out, I'll include this quest! I've written it down on OneNote in my tablet so I won't forget Smile I even added a note on how there could be alternate ways to do the quest, and depending on how you do it, he gives you a different egg! Very Happy
DRAGONAIR wrote:It's awesome how the hiker changes what he says if you talk to him at the moment a diglet shows up.
You have no idea how happy it makes me that you noticed that ^_^  I absolutely love finding those small details in games, so I put a shit-ton of them in Gen 0 like that. It seriously makes me smile that you found that and enjoyed it Smile
DRAGONAIR wrote: It be really neat if you could talk to a diglett and start a battle (like route 13 in gen 6). Maybe you could even make a sidequest where you have to catch a diglett for the hiker.
I imagine him first looking around at the place the helpfull abra is sitting, saying something like 'damn those little diglett are fast, how am i ever going to get one..? Oh hey there, could you help me cathing a digglet?' (Answer yes or no) 'thank you alot. Oh i know i'll give you these poleballs. I'll go stand a bit north so that i won't scare them away from you.'  And that he then give 3 pokeballs and walks off to where he is standing now, and when you caught a diglett and talk to him again he gives you a reward, or offers you a trade or something. That'd be really awesome. hope i is possible to execute
That's definitely a good idea Smile I wouldn't want to do it right at Route 1, because the player may keep the Diglett and that'd just be OP. But it's definitely a quest to include later Smile
Tortwag wrote:I'd say... A Battle Frontier type of thing. Not sure how this could be made or organized, but that's always one thing that I extremely enjoyed, and I'm sure it could be added in some way.
Yeah, I'd like to do some sort of Battle Frontier. I also planned on making a Battle Tower sort of thing for the top donors for Gen 0. I could always make the Battle Tower based around that. We'll see Smile

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Ohhhh, a breeder's quest, huh...
*tries not to think about Smeargle. Can't help it*
aaaaaaaaaaaanyways... So a Battle Tower with Frontier type of events? Yeah, that's actually a better idea. Since the Frontier's a huge complex, I think it'd make sense to ahve a smaller thing but with just as entertaining options. I'd love that!

The Digglett side-quest sounds interesting too. I hope there will be a few of those in the game, but I'm guessing there will.

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:33 pm

There won't be the traditional Battle Frontier or anything. However, there is going to be Trainer Island where the donors are housed and where you fight the player trainers. There's going to be a Battle Tower there. The Grandmaster would be the top donor. It would have many of the features of Battle Tower in theory.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Oooooooooooooh. Now this, right here, sounds VERY interesting. So basically it has its own, unique way to function? The trainer island thing.

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:09 pm

Yepyep! It will be mostly just a normal town, but the inhabitants are the high-end donors and stuff. The Battle Tower thing will be for the top donors and I want to make it close in features to the regular Battle Tower thingy. Just with more specificity in who you battle and stuff.  It will be more of a gauntlet than anything.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeroman77 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:56 am

1. Please, please, oh please have something planned for Blaine! Lol it could be a small cameo, or a side quest (possibly involving his love of quizzes as shown in Gen 1) anyway Blaine could be incorporated would be awesome lol i mean, he definitely fits the age group.

2. The ditto-mew theory, of how ditto are actually failed attenpts at cloning mew, which is why they appear in certain locations, have the same shiny colors, only know transfrom etc. For this reason, maybe ditto should be omitted since the mew experiments are years away. Just an idea, which you might already have considered.

Zeroman77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:23 pm

Zeroman77 wrote:1. Please, please, oh please have something planned for Blaine! Lol it could be a small cameo, or a side quest (possibly involving his love of quizzes as shown in Gen 1) anyway Blaine could be incorporated would be awesome lol i mean, he definitely fits the age group.
Blaine will definitely be in the game at some capacity or another Smile

Zeroman77 wrote:2. The ditto-mew theory, of how ditto are actually failed attenpts at cloning mew, which is why they appear in certain locations, have the same shiny colors, only know transfrom etc. For this reason, maybe ditto should be omitted since the mew experiments are years away. Just an idea, which you might already have considered.
This wouldn't be possible for Gen 0, as Miyamoto hasn't even left Jessie yet to search for Mew. And Mew isn't found until Miyamoto goes missing in search for it.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeroman77 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:28 pm

TBC wrote:
Blaine will definitely be in the game at some capacity or another Smile
Awesome  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

TBC wrote:This wouldn't be possible for Gen 0, as Miyamoto hasn't even left Jessie yet to search for Mew. And Mew isn't found until Miyamoto goes missing in search for it.

I understand, I just mean that if you do support the ditto/mew theory, it would mean that ditto don't exist yet in Gen 0 since Mew isn't found yet, thus failed experiments cant have been created yet. Does that makes sense? Sorry if i cant explain it clearly

Zeroman77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:08 pm

You explained it just fine ^_^  That is, unfortunately, the reason why Mew can't be in the game. Except for maybe like a post-game out-of-story extra.

But yes, I support the theory Very Happy
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:31 pm

Oh you support that theory? (yes finally back on the forums)? So... We won't be seeing any Ditto, Mew or Mewtwo? Huh. That's too bad, but logic, too.

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Yup Smile Totally.  No, none of that.   But yeah. It just doesn't work for the game with the timeline and stuff.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum