A wild Tortwag appears!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A wild Tortwag appears!

Post by Tortwag on Mon May 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi everyone!
I usually go by the full name of Shell Master Tortwag ('cause I LOVE Shelled-reptiles), but I don't mind Tortwag for short.
Oh, and since I'm in a Pokemon community, I'm going to make a little precision before anythng else:
NO. MY NAME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TURTWIG. And there's actually a little story behind it, but I digress.

I randomly came accross this project, so I joined the forum mostly to stay updated and be part of the community around it. I encountered lots of Pokemon fangames too, so I'll be sure to share those.

Nice to meet y'all!
Tortwag

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Glyph
Region: Unova
Friend Code: Pokemon Showdown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A wild Tortwag appears!

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:39 am

Hey there, Tortwag!! Welcome to the forums!

Sorry for the terrible response time... I moved back in May and just haven't been able to give attention to the forums since then. Everything's falling into place now, so I'm back!

Oh, what's the story behind your name? I'd love to hear it Smile

Anywho, welcome aboard! I hope to see you around more!

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:20 pm

Just glad you answered at last! And glad you're more active now!
Oh by the way you have Laharl as your avatar picture.
...I.Love.Laharl. *kneels*

Oh. Alright then.
Back in 2007 I drew a cameleon-turtle... thing because I was bored. For some reason I was kinda proud of this drawing, msotly because I did completely randomly by tracing some lines and linking them all together. It formed the shell + main body, and I added the rest.
I decided to name it Tortwag without even knowing what it meant (yes English isn't my native language).
2 years later, I heard about Pokemon Pearl and Diamond and that the English name for one of the starters was... Turtwig. What are the odds. And since I used this nickname online, I've always been told that I was a Poke-rip-off.

And there's the story!

I hope to be around more as well! Got some fan-fictions to work on...
Tortwag

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:27 pm

Tortwag wrote:Just glad you answered at last! And glad you're more active now!
Oh by the way you have Laharl as your avatar picture.
...I.Love.Laharl. *kneels*
Yes, bow before me!! Muahahahahhaha! *Does Laharl laugh*  :p   But yeah. I love me some Disgaea Very Happy   I've bought every single main entry and the ports aside from the Vita ones(don't have a Vita).  And yes Very Happy  I'm glad to be around again Very Happy  Not a lot of activity yet, but forums are fun!
Tortwag wrote:Back in 2007 I drew a cameleon-turtle... thing because I was bored. For some reason I was kinda proud of this drawing, msotly because I did completely randomly by tracing some lines and linking them all together. It formed the shell + main body, and I added the rest.
I decided to name it Tortwag without even knowing what it meant (yes English isn't my native language).
2 years later, I heard about Pokemon Pearl and Diamond and that the English name for one of the starters was... Turtwig. What are the odds. And since I used this nickname online, I've always been told that I was a Poke-rip-off.
Oooooh cool. Where are you from? Do you still have the pic? :p   And don't mind the haters. People don't want to think someone else can have a creative idea that just so happens to be close to another. It's cool!

My name TBC comes from the Chibi cows I used to draw. It stands for "The Big Cow". In Japanese it's Ookiiushidesu. That's where it originally came from. When I needed an admin moniker, The Big Cow made three letters, and I was like why not :p
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:43 pm

Well darn. I only get the chance to get the 1 and second one (that I have yet to finish) via emulators. Since I mostly focused on Nintendo consoles, I miss Disgaea 3, 4 and D2.
Forums ARE fun! And there are quite a few topics already, that I'm gonna try to fill up with some fanfictions as soon as I can. I really wanna do that, it'll be good writing practice.

France. And yes, I still have it. I'l show it up here once I find it again. I know I will.
Naah, most of them were mostly teasing, and they usually stopped doing so when I started speaking French to prove my point. Cause Turtwig's called Tortipouss in French.
I know, right? That's a really common thing, too.

Oh. Wasn't sure what it standed for, ok. Never was a fan of cows, but that's actually pretty cute XD ooooooooh, and it's originally Japanese. Yay!

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Ooooh damn. That sucks, dood Sad  You should find a way to get a PS3.  3 4 and D2 are just amazing. I'd say in order of awesomeness, it's D2, 4 then 3.  I like 3 and all, it's just a little bit weaker of a title in my opinion. Though, they had some amazing story points. If they handled it better, it would have been much more impactful.

Cool!  I've never really gotten into fanfictions.  I like writing short stories and I've worked on one book that's on hiatus right now.  I'm currently writing a short story. When I finish that I might post it or somethin.

Oooooh cool!  I like French :3  How long did it take you to learn English? Was it difficult?  Hahahaha, I bet. :p It's interesting to see the names of Pokemon in different languages :p

Lol yeah. Me neither, actually. They're stinky... hahahahaha. But the cows I've seen are always super nice :3  One day I was just drawing chibi stuff and decided to try a cow :p  It turned out well hahaha.  And yes! I love me some Japanese Very Happy  I need to get back into my studies for it.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Can't. Despite my first console being the ps1, my focus has always been driven on Nintendo consoles (AND I DO NOT REGRET IT), msotly because most of the games I wanted were there. Never had anything against Sony, and discovering Disgaea a few years ago helped a bit.

I'd nee to finish my studies first to get that console, but I'll wait... I can still play Makai Worlds, Phantom Brave... And all the others!
Oh yes, I especially like D2. And 4 does bring more interesting features. I have one major reason why I wanna play 3 though. Just... The main theme. That theme... Is gold.

Hmm... It took me 2 years to learn it, and 7 more (to this day) to perfect it.
...Difficult? HA! Dude, I learned English by watching cartoons and playing video games (namely: Megas XLR, Samurai Jack, Ben 10, for cartoons, and Megaman Zero, Super Smash bros Melee for video games)! It was hard, but I didn't feel it because IT WAS SO FUN!
yeah, it really is. I really prefer some names in English and others in French. For example, see Gengar? One major reason why I love in French is 'cause his name is Extoplasma. I worship that name XD

Oh no CHIBI cows and animals in general are always cute, can't deny that. And yes, go back to Japanese studying, it's an awesome language that I can't study yet DX

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:04 pm

Ahh. I've never stuck to just one console. It's too limiting. There's games on each console I like. Takes awhile to get each system, but it's worth it Smile

Oooooh yeah! Phantom Brave is AMAZING.  I have it on the Wii Very Happy  Oh yeah. 4 brought some good stuff to the table.  Just that the online features were ruined by cheaters. They found a duping glitch and it made any online play just dreadful.  It was unfortunate, because Disgaea really needs some good online options.  Hahahaha. The theme for 3 is awesome, yeah :p

Oh wow, nice!  I wish I would have started learning another language when I was little. It's a lot easier to learn languages when you're young. But that's awesome! I want to learn Japanese so I can import games from Japan :p  OMG that is an awesome name O.O...  I think I'ma name my Gastly that on some of my Gen 0 playthroughs :p

Indeed ^_^   Oh, that sucks.  But yeah, I really need to. Motivation is just lacking sometimes lol. I'm bad with time management.
*Points to 7 month forum absence*

lol.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:45 pm

Well I kinda had no choice, so I had to stick with something. I was jsut a kid, after all.
Then i discovered the emulators, and thanks to it I barely have any console barriers.

YES, I NOTICED. That and Laharl's actually in the game. THEREFORE I MUST FIGHT HIM AND ADD HIM TO MY GANG.
Oh I have the PS2 version. I heard the Wii remake was pretty cool, though.
...What? They... They were cheaters?! Darn it D: Well to be fair they were ALSO in Mario Kart Wii. Except those ones where actually entertaining sometimes. Darn, they better bring back the Online in Disgaea 5. And fix taht cheating issue.

Yes. yes it really is easier. Learning Japanese is somethin' my brother does, and I intend to do that BUUUUUUUUUUUUT, school.
I know, right? Ectoplasma is such a badass name, no offense to Gengar. I always call my Gengars that whenever I have some. It's... I just love it. Or Scyzor's French name. Cizayox. Freakin'... GOD, just the way it sounds is amazing.

Ah...I know the feeling. Wait, you're bad at time management too? Huh. Well I guess it's a thing :/ Time is my second worse enemy. First one being myself -_-"

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Right Right. I grew up with Nintendo and stuff :p  After I got older and had a job I saved up for teh games Very Happy Emulators are awesome Very Happy  There are so many amazing RPGs I could show you ^_^

YES!!!!  You can get Laharl, Etna AND Flonne on Phantom Brave!!!!   I have all 3 of em :3 So epic.   GET THE WII VERSION YOU HEATHEN. RIGHT MEOW. lol.   It is epic. There's an entirely new storyline thing and more characters and more bosses and stuff Very Happy

Who was in Mario Kart Wii? Laharl? WTF?  I really hope they bring online with D5.... They could take away the "first turn kill" thing by like forcing levels down to 100 or something and having specific multiplayer equipment. So that way you don't do one hit kills on everything.

Ooooh yeah.   I took two years in High School and have studied since then, but I just haven't been too on top of it lately.   Oh wow o.o   You French people have cool Pokemon names Very Happy

Oooh yeah. I know whatcha mean lol. It sucks :/
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Well so did I, with the exception of the PsOne. Crash Bandicoot FTW.
Oh really? Lemme guess... Chrono Trigger? Xenogears? Final Fantasy 7? Valkirya Profile? The "Tales of..." series? I know quite a lot of rpgs too!

Yeah, I heard about it, this confirms it and it's PERFECT. BUT I CANNOT GET THE WII VERSION, I NEED TO SAVE MY MONEY FOR OTHER GAMES. Besides I technically have the PS2 version, which is.. Kind of enough for me.
More characters? MOAR BOSSES?! Ok, that does tickle. I AM considering gettin' the Wii version.

Nono, not Laharl (though i believe someone made a Laharl skin, which by the way was AMAZING, cause the dude added the voices and stuff), but I was comparing different online experiences. The one massive online experience I ever had was definitely Mario Kart Wii (and Smash Bros 64, now that I think about it, but anyway). And I can relate to a game being polluted by hackers/cheaters, because there were a LOAD of them back in Mario Kart Wii.

Oh, yeah, they shold do that. I saw some kind of boost characters who could double the damage of some characters, and the first sneak peak I had from D2 was a friend destroying Zetta using Adell's signature move. ONE TURN KILL. Had never seen that before.

Not all French names are that good though (some are actually REALLY bad), but those two are perfect examples. That and Greninja's French name. Greninja = Amphinobi. Or Zapdos = Electhor. Moltres = Sulfura. But I digress XD And to be fair i'm only taking teh best examples here, there are lots of English names that I highly prefer (Drattak = Salamence; Maskadra = Masquerain, etc).

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:51 pm

Hahaha Crash Bandicoot was pretty good :p
Those are some good ones ^_^ 
Try these Wink:
Secret of Mana, Legend of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Earthbound, Bahamut Lagoon, Actraiser, Breath of Fire 1, 2, 3 and 4, Seiken Densetsu 3, Saga Frontier, Unlimited Saga, Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, Golden Sun, Lufia 1 and 2, Super Mario RPG, Rudra no Hihou, Shining Force I and II, Phantasy Star(multiple), Final Fantasy(1-6), Dragon Warrior(1-9, namely 5 7 and Cool, Parasite Eve, Grandia, Koudelka, Fire Emblem

And some more I could probably list if I put my mind to it, too :p

Dood, the Wii version is so worth it. Trust me. Starting Another Marona and doing the New Game + with the new characters is just UNGGGH. lol. 

Ooooooh, that sounds pretty sweet. Ahh, yeah I gotcha. That really sucks that people ruin good online experiences for people like that. If you're not good at the game on your own and can't enjoy not being good, then don't play it. Don't cheat and ruin other's fun.

Hahahaha yeah. There's the potential for some crazy damage. In the post-game it ends up being just like whoever goes first wins. But with a forced-evened stats it could be given to skill instead.

Ahh, yeah. I gotcha.   There's some dumb names in English, too :p Klinkklang.. lol.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down