Hi Guys...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi Guys...

Post by Hydro on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:20 am

Well, I'm new to the forum.... But I have been keeping up with Gen0 since before it's facebook page started... So I'm not exactly new...
Thought I'd make a post here though... Say hi to some people... Even though nobody really responds to posts here... Thought I'd pop a post in here anyways...
Some random things about me.... umm... I use a lot of elipses... I've been playing pokemon since Blue... I've watched all of the anime up till Unova... I've read all of the adventures manga... I have caught them all (Discounting hoopa and volcanion)... I'm an avid breeder, and have a collection of Lv. 100 Dittos (All languages but german), and I've been working on my own game for quite some time... I don't think this is the right place to advertise that, but if anyone does want to know more... They can email me...

"If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane"
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world"
Hydro

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Quinlan
Region: Hoenn
Friend Code: 3926-5951-3699

View user profile http://z15.invisionfree.com/Hydro_Haven/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi Guys...

Post by KvaGram on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:57 am

What? nobody is responding on the foums?
We most do something about that!!!

Anyway, hi and welcome to the forum.
I am KvaGram the coder, though I am sure you know of me. It is true that the forums have been rather derelict lately, but I am sure that will improve. I for one have the forum opening up automatically when I boot my computer, so I always notice when something new shows up.
KvaGram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:41 pm

Nice. I do the same with my website... I do hope the forums don't stay dead for too long...
Yes, I have heard of you, and have been meaning to ask... What coding language are you guys using?

"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world"
Hydro

Trainer Card

Back to top Go down

Post by KvaGram on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:03 am

The engine Generation 0 runs on is called "RPG maker XP", it requires the use of its own scripting language "RGSS" exclusively.
RGSS is a language built on Ruby, my least favorite language, so I have gotten to know and hate it well.
KvaGram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:21 am

Ah... RPGmXP... Are you using Poccil's Essentials kit? That would make sense...
I know a bit of Ruby from working with Ruby on Rails... So if I can help in any way with that, I shall try...
If ruby is you least favourite, than what is your favourite?

Hydro

Trainer Card

Back to top Go down

Post by KvaGram on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:55 am

Well, it goes by the name "Pokémon Essentials", but yeah, according to the wiki, it was created by someone known as "Poccil".

I favor Java. This because of the simplicity of Javadoc, making reading and writing documentation laughably easy.
KvaGram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:18 am

I have worked worked with Poccil's Pokemon Essentials, so if you guys do need help editing any of it, I think I can... Emphasis on think...
Hmm... I find that quite interesting... I always have disliked Java for it's "simplicity", where it's almost always just a mass of imports, with no real vanilla coding... Plus it's normally slower than Ruby on Rails or DJANGO (python)...
If I remember correctly, there is a way to integrate RPGmXP with Java... Especially in the android program for it... I'm not quite sure on the specifics, but if that would make it easier, I implore you guys to look into it...

Hydro

Trainer Card

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:50 am

Hey there Hydro!

Yeah, it hasn't been too active here. Most Facebookers treat forums like people with a crucifix against a vampire... lol. I, myself, have a hard time staying active cuz there's always a lot going on. Actual job, Gen 0, multiple websites, trying to have some semblance of a social life and my other personal interests doesn't really add up to great time management :p

Anyway, welcome to the forums!! That's awesome that you're making a game. I actually have a forum section on here for actually talking about it, so you're welcome to post there.

Well, I'm not sure how much Kvagram would need help or anything. I don't see much of a reason for another coder, since he's been able to do everything I've asked(though still gotta fix that Pokemon clipping lol). But if he finds a use we might be able to work something out.

If you're familiar with RMXP, I'm actually in need of a base mapper. Like someone who can make the maps as they're seen in HG/SS. I like to take them then work my own spin on them so I can see the base of it and the foundation.

Anywho, just be active and keep posting! Every active person is one step closer to a thriving forum!! Very Happy Enjoy your time here ^_^

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:03 am

Why hello TBC,

Yeah, I understand that.... Struggle with the same thing on my own site... I have less members though, so not as much commitment is needed, thankfully. I have the same problems, thankfully I'm still a student, so I have a bit more free time... kind of.....

I did not know that. I'm posting a topic there now though...

Pokemon Clipping? And I am very glad of that.... I haven't had the need to code since july... Probably a bit rusty...

I'd be happy to map for you. Do you guys have your own tileset? Or are you going off of the HGSS? I can start with whichever routes you want though... I'm assuming Mt. Moon is next, trying to think of the maps I've seen you post in various locations...

I will do that as often as I can... If I can remember and/or find the time...

Hydro

Trainer Card

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:57 pm

What site do you work with?  And yeah, free time is just blah.  Coolio! I look forward to seeing it Smile

It's an issue with the Pokemon walking behind you feature we have.

I do a mix of HG/SS ones I've found, edited tiles and originals. It really depends on your commitment, though.  I don't want someone who can't remember to do stuff :p   I don't require constant work, but definitely communication and still regular work, though.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by KvaGram on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:08 pm

The issue is not exclusive to to the pokemon walking and dependant events issue.
ANY event at the edge of a connected map may experience a clipping issue. If you know how to fix that rendering-bug, Hydro, I would LOVE to hear it.
KvaGram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:12 pm

Biggest problem with clippings is map sizing. I'd advise you make tile maps. Small map-saves of single tiles(like a tree), and repeat those along the edges of said maps. Instead of trying to add them to the edges of every individual map...
I hope that one helps.....
As for the following of pokemon... I am absolutely clueless... I mingled with to add editing the base script for Poccil's essentials, in order to add that, but ended up making each followed pokemon an event in separate routes... I made it kind of like the area in Diamond/Pearl. The one that let cute pokemon follow you... I made it so certain areas had your pokemon follow you, which did make it easier...

I posted my site and game on a separate post in the fan-made games section...

I am quite committed to helping this project. I do have a lot of things going on, and travel a fair amount, especially in areas that don't have good internet access... (Field work...) If you want to send me the tilesets you are using, I'll get started right away!
You can send them via e-mail... If that makes things easier...

Hydro

Trainer Card

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:48 am

@Hydro wrote:Biggest problem with clippings is map sizing. I'd advise you make tile maps. Small map-saves of single tiles(like a tree), and repeat those along the edges of said maps. Instead of trying to add them to the edges of every individual map...
I hope that one helps.....
I like the blunt approach, so no. That didn't help :p   This has nothing to do with the map size itself. I already know how to block off maps and connect them just fine. The issue comes when you're at the edge of a map, and the graphic for a character exceeds 32 pixels in height.

Route 1........ Icon's Head
-------------------------
Pallet Town... Icon's Body/feet

I tried to illustrate it with text there.  The person is standing at the last tile of the map, and because the next step up is a new map, it doesn't load the head on that map. Since they haven't walked on it yet.  Because of this, it clips off the top of their head.

Lol yeah. If you don't know how to get the following Pokemon thing working, this probably wouldn't be able to be fixed by you lol. Kvagram got the following thing working splendidly and he doesn't even know how to do it.

Yup, I saw ^_^

Okay!  I do require people to show work before granting them access to the team, though. I would like to see an original map of yours you have created in RMXP first. Also, the tileset I use is specific to my game and not to be used, as it is a custom tileset made as well. You can send the map-work you've done to my email at pokemongen0@gmail.com. I look forward to it Smile
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:19 am

Ah, I thought it was map sets merging... Clipping the sprite of the character... Must be some overlay mechanic... Try making sure that the tiles on both maps are at the lowest level. (I assume they are....) If that's not the case, then you might need to edit the base code for poccil's. Actually, if it's certain routes, you may want to re-order the way you put them in...
To simplify that: You might need to take out pallet town, and then put it back in (When on the Map positioning)... The order you put them in affects the layer they are on in the coding...

The main reason I did that was because I was tired of editing the code, and I'm pretty lazy... Razz I'll get around to adding that mechanic into the options of my game eventually... I don't think it's the most important mechanic though, and since I'm working on a game with fan-made pokemon, I definitely have to prioritize my time...

I'll send in some of the maps when I get home at the end of the day... I'll also post them onto the page I have here on my game. I'd love to join the team here though! A bit more experience with an already established game would definitely help me figure out what I'm doing with my own.
If you need other information for me to join the team (Skype, E-mail, etc...) just make sure to say!

Hydro

Trainer Card

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:05 pm

@Hydro wrote:To simplify that: You might need to take out pallet town, and then put it back in (When on the Map positioning)... The order you put them in affects the layer they are on in the coding...
Lol it's none of that :p  It's literally at every map.  It is due to the way the Essentials Kit handles the connected maps. The map you're on loads your character and the graphics of the events cuz they're on them. The other map won't load it since the object isn't on that map. So it cuts it off.
@Hydro wrote: since I'm working on a game with fan-made pokemon, I definitely have to prioritize my time...
Definitely :p   Working out type (dis)advantages, stats, balancing the Pokemon, making sure you get a good balance for the array of them, spriting them etc. will definitely be difficult.
@Hydro wrote:I'd love to join the team here though! A bit more experience with an already established game would definitely help me figure out what I'm doing with my own.
If you need other information for me to join the team (Skype, E-mail, etc...) just make sure to say!
Well I essentially just want to see some of the maps you've made and stuff. Once I see that then I can send you the tileset via email. pokemongen0@gmail.com
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Ah, you have custom character animation sprites.... Yeah... Without looking on the code, I have little to go on, so I think I'll stop spouting off misleading alternatives... Razz

Yeah, it's harder to work with that, especially when there's so little time to work at all...

I posted 5 of my maps onto my own game's page. I don't quite see reason to e-mail them too, but I can if necessary.

Hydro

Trainer Card

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:46 pm

Not even just the custom ones. Just any graphic that exceeds 32 pixels in height(HG/SS sprites, for instance) will have the issue with the connected maps.

Okie Smile  I'll check em out.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by JJCalem on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:10 am

Just popping in to say I love how much activity there is in a thread where the OP said "Even though nobody really responds to posts here"
tongue
JJCalem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:59 pm

@JJCalem wrote:Just popping in to say I love how much activity there is in a thread where the OP said "Even though nobody really responds to posts here"
tongue
True! :p Though, to his credit, it really was dead when he made the post originally :p I just went on a Forum spree and responded to everyone and some of the people actually came back ^_^
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro on Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:40 pm

Yeah... It is nice to see a revival of posts... I'd like to think I had some part in that too Razz
Oh and can you send the tilesheets to one of:
z15.hydrohaven@gmail.com
themightyquinnd@gmail.com

Either work... If you still need the help and/or my sprites are good enough, that is...

Hydro

Trainer Card

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:46 am

@TBC wrote:Working out type (dis)advantages, stats, balancing the Pokemon, making sure you get a good balance for the array of them, spriting them etc. will definitely be difficult
Amen to that.

@Hydro wrote:I'd like to think I had some part in that too
I think it's safe to say that everyone who's posted in the last week has had some part in it XD
Drazex

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Brian
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:54 am

@Drazex wrote:I think it's safe to say that everyone who's posted in the last week has had some part in it XD
Indeedly-doo! I'm so happy that it went from maybe a post or two in a month to now multiple posts a week. It's going slowly, but we're getting more activity!
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down