Returning Trainer Here! :p

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Returning Trainer Here! :p

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:04 pm

Hey all! 

So, by the rules of being gone 2 months or more... I am posting here again!  So I'm sorta new to the forums, counting the last 5 months or so XD  hahahahaha.  Anyway, hi everyone!

As(I hope so at least... lol) you know, I'm the creator of Generation 0. I originally got the idea for this by finding that hoax advertisement floating around the interwebz a few years ago for the games "Pokemon Sepia and Monochrome". The foundations are the same: you play as Agatha or Sam when they were younger. However, the similarities end there.

My main focus on the story is going to be what brought them close and what separated them to the point where Agatha resents him so deeply in Gen 1. Along with that, covering any applicable backstory and adding my own in where I can.  For instance, Madame Boss will be the leader of Team Rocket. She's an actual character portrayed in a CD Drama of Pokemon.

Other than Pokemon, I just love gaming in general. Mostly RPGs Smile I'm also a reader, I like writing as well, I like to draw, I study Japanese and I try to play the violin when I'm not lazy lol. I'm 24 and have been playing Pokemon back since it first came out.

So that's me! Very Happy

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Returning Trainer Here! :p

Post by cmstatik on Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Woot. I enjoy then progress and you seem like a dedicated individual. Should you ever need some help with sprites I may be able to assist. Its a hobby but I've done graphic work for an Indy game that seems to be abandoned. I did the main screen pixel graphic. If you wish I could send you examples of stuff I've done. Wouldn't be til later. Snow travels currently lol. Welcome to the forums yo lol haha
cmstatik

Trainer Card
Trainer Name::
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile http://nearxedge.blogspot.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks, Anything(yes, I'm sticking with it ;p)!!  With a project like this, y'gotta be dedicated or nothing will happen :p   I've had too many projects fail in the past and this one is working pretty well. I've had some major setbacks, but it's still chugging along and I want to see it finished Very Happy

Oh wow, really?!  Spritework is somewhere where I could use some more people on, actually.  Meepmeep is the current spriter, but any more help would be welcomed. Definitely shoot me a PM here, message me on the FB page or send me an email at pokemongen0@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from ya!
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:26 pm

...MOAR Spriting help, you say...?
...Well I guess it depends on what you need. I'm a spriter as well, but I'm mostly very good with objects and buildings (depending on style), and from the last demo I saw that that part didn't really need help. AT ALL. AKA your spriter's amazing.

Welcome back, too! And never heard of that Madame Boss character, it sounds interesting enough for me... Despite the name being really cliché.
You're both reader and a writer? Heh. Then it's only natural that you like RPGs. And considering that Laharl's your freakin' badass picture, you had good gaming experiences. On a side note... Disgaea 5 is coming.

And you're 24, GOD I feel like a baby with my 17 years -_-
Oh well. best of luck for the rest of the project! We fans shall be cheering from the sidelines Very Happy

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Glyph
Region: Unova
Friend Code: Pokemon Showdown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:31 pm

Oh snap!  Buildings and objects are actually another need I have!!! The tilesets I use are a combination of found Gen 4 tilesets, hand crafted tiles and edits. I'm actually looking for someone to help replace the non-original stuff I have and also make some more objects for like insides of houses and stuff.  Get a hold of me in one of the above methods and we'll talk!

Thanks!!! Hahaha, yeah. It is a bit cliché, but that's what they have her name as :p Here is the link to her Bulbapedia page.

Yepyep ^_^  Hahaha. Thanks!  AND OMG YES DISGAEA 5 OMG YES YES.  I literally fangirl squealed when they oficially announced that it was coming to America. I'm so buying a PS4 in 2015 lol.

Hahahaha, no worries :p I still feel like I'm 17 lol. The last 7 years have just zoomed for me lol.   And thanks!!

Last edited by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:51 pm

...Seriously? :O I did not know that. I'll be sure to send a PM because I'm definitely interested!
The main thing I'm concerned about though is pretty much Time. 'Cause that's something my school year doesn't allow me to have very often. And I'm scared of being constantly late for a demand. In other words: if you need me to be as ponctual as possible, I'll do my best. But if you can't afford me being late... Then it's not even worth the shot.
Had to say it, just to make sure :3

...! OH GOD! She looks NOTHING like I had imagined! She actually looks badass! Darn! Totally the kind of girl that would use a cliché name jsut for the fun of it. Darn. I take it back.
And I KNOW, RIGHT?! And the special attack with the Japanese bomber plane! And the whole unitiing the Overlords storyline, GOD it's gonna be AMAZING. I'mma buy a PS4 JUST for that.

Yeah, time does fly by. That and I actually have no problems talking with adults, it's actually funnier sometimes.
And you're freakin' welcome!!

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:59 pm

Yes yes!! Very Happy  I PM'd you on the forum, so you can reply there or shoot me an email.

Demand won't be too much of a problem. This entire project is based around "work on it when you can" because we all have lives and work and don't get paid for this.  However, that doesn't mean don't contact me for 3 months if you're on the team :p  Like right now I've had some members(like my music guys) that are super busy with school and haven't been able to work in a few months. But they keep in touch and keep me updated.

Right?  She'll definitely be a fun character to give more history to ^_^

Hahaha yeah :p The attacks in Disgaea are awesome. Yeah. It's gonna be the longest Disgaea game to date, too! There's gonna be like 16 freaking episodes or something like that.  Yeah, I can't freaking wait.

Indeed o.o  lol.   And yeah, definitely.   I always go by "growing old is inevitable. Growing up is an option" Wink

Last edited by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:11 pm

Ah. That's an aspect I'm perfect fine with, then!

Too bad she doesn't like Giovanni though. He's kind of a badass as well.

Not just the longest, there's the promise of it being the funniest as well! God! I really want that one. Up to freakin' 100 guys on the field. ONE FREAKIN HUNDRED. INSTEAD OF 10.

Oh...Now that's a nice phrase right here. *takes notes*

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:27 pm

Great!!

Lol yeah. He was kind of a badass. In the anime he was a badass more than in the games, though.  In the game I found him annoying. I think it creates some good backstory for him that he had a bitch for a Mom :p

Oh yeah!   RIGHT?!  100 HD people on the screen at once... Holy shit that'll be amazing. 

Heehee ^_^
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Really? I acutally found him more annoying in the Anime, mostly because Meowth did a good job portrying him in comedic ways. He WAS awesome in the Team Plasma vs Team Rocekt arc, though.
But now I find him... Different in the games. That and I love fighting him.
Oh yes it does. And his son is ALSO a jerk, it's in the family.

Imagine that. 100 people in your army. Let's say... Bring about 50 of them in an all out Online war. It would be SOOOOOOOO amazing.

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Oh wow.  Well, maybe I should have said movies.  He was such a badass in Mewtwo Strikes back and stuff.  I didn't get very far in the Black/White post-game before I sold my DS :/ So I haven't seen him in games since FR/LG-HG/SS.   And lol yeah, Silver's a douche.

Right?!  That would be awesome Very Happy

Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:12 am

Well, I have nothing to add to the general sprite discussion, but it is interesting to note some amusing similarities in your self bio, and my own interests.

-I also like writing and drawing, not that I ever get around to finishing the former, or am very good at the latter.
-I'm also studying Japanese, even more so as I recently moved to Japan ^_^"
-The violin is my favorite instrument (not that I play it)
-I am also 24
-I remember playing my Red version back in 1996 or '97. ^_^ I actually recently picked up a ROM of Red version in Japanese to play and study at the same time XD

Also, if we've been gone for 2 months we need to re-introduce ourselves? Whelp, I guess that's the next thing on my to-do list >.>
Drazex

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Brian
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:28 pm

Oh Yes. Giovanni IS a badass in taht movie, that's for sure.
Also, solding your DS was a hgue mistake. if you had bought B/W2 and had reached the post-game part, you would've discovered the Pokemon World tournament, where you can abttle against all the Gym leaders and League Champions of the previous gens, including Red.

And as you can guess, Blue's considerred as a Champion... So who's the 8th Kanto Gym Leader you gotta fight...? Smile

If we're gone for two month we... oh. I did not know that O.o

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:44 pm

@Drazex wrote:-I also like writing and drawing, not that I ever get around to finishing the former, or am very good at the latter.
-I'm also studying Japanese, even more so as I recently moved to Japan ^_^"
-The violin is my favorite instrument (not that I play it)
-I am also 24
-I remember playing my Red version back in 1996 or '97.  ^_^  I actually recently picked up a ROM of Red version in Japanese to play and study at the same time XD

Also, if we've been gone for 2 months we need to re-introduce ourselves?  Whelp, I guess that's the next thing on my to-do list >.>
Awesome!!!!  And OMG, take me with you? I want to go to Japan sooooooo bad. Though you know way more than I do since you can actually get a Japanese game and play it :p I need to get back into it. Ugh. lol.  You should check out readthekanji.com.  It's amazing for Kanji reading.

Cool! When's your Birthday? Good luck with the game, too ^_^

Hahahaha yeah :p Well, you don't have to. But it's encouraged if you're coming back and stuffs.
@Tortwag wrote:Oh Yes. Giovanni IS a badass in taht movie, that's for sure.
Also, solding your DS was a hgue mistake. if you had bought B/W2 and had reached the post-game part, you would've discovered the Pokemon World tournament, where you can abttle against all the Gym leaders and League Champions of the previous gens, including Red.
Hahaha yeah. I read about that a bit. That's pretty cool. Would be nice to fight them and stuff. But I will have to wait for another day :p
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:09 am

since you can actually get a Japanese game and play it
If by play it, you mean phonetically pronounce the hiragana (yay original GB not being able to code Kanji, from what I can tell), and sort of figure out a general gist, but not really, then sure Razz  I haven't started playing the J red game (or did I pull out Green for the lulz?  I can't remember)  Either way, even the experience I just said was a different game I got in Japanese XD

When's your Birthday?
I don't like posting stuff like that in public sight (keep it out of sight of phishing bots, ya know), but it's late August.

You should check out readthekanji.com.  It's amazing for Kanji reading.
I'll have to check that out, but I've already been using a great online site, and have a kanji dictionary, so I might not need it Wink
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:45 pm

@Drazex wrote:If by play it, you mean phonetically pronounce the hiragana (yay original GB not being able to code Kanji, from what I can tell), and sort of figure out a general gist, but not really, then sure Razz  I haven't started playing the J red game (or did I pull out Green for the lulz?  I can't remember)  Either way, even the experience I just said was a different game I got in Japanese XD
Hahahaha I guess XD   I have volume 1 of One Piece in Japanese. As I study more I want to try translating that. I don't much like One Piece, but it'd be kinda fun to do.

I don't like posting stuff like that in public sight (keep it out of sight of phishing bots, ya know), but it's late August.
Lol I guess o.0   My email security is pretty good, so I don't really get spam. And damn, you're 3 months older than me :p

I'll have to check that out, but I've already been using a great online site, and have a kanji dictionary, so I might not need it Wink
Noooooo. Definitely don't turn down something amazing like that.  It will seriously be a god-send for Japanese study.  The Kanji Dictionary is well and good for looking stuff up and maybe seeing pronunciations, but RTK is a huge asset for vocabulary and natural reading of Kanji.

Since it isn't just "Here is the onyomi and kunyomi readings for this kanji", it teaches you to read them naturally. It puts the kanji in a sentence and highlights it, then you have to type the reading for it. There's strengths for each kanji and word so if you're not good with one it'll appear more often.

Do yourself a favor and sign up. Like right now.

Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:42 am

I wrote:Either way, even the experience I just said was a different game I got in Japanese XD
Amusingly, given our conversation in Pokemon Pinball (which switched to being about TCG's, apparently Razz), the game I was starting to play in Japanese was the very first yugioh game (Japanese only, for the original GB)

@TBC wrote:My email security is pretty good, so I don't really get spam
My concern isn't spam, it's identity theft. Date of birth, mother's maiden name, and like one other thing are some of the most common bits of info needed for stuff like that. The amount of information I've given is sufficient for socializing, but not providing exact numbers makes it much harder for automated bots and such to key in on it. I may be slightly paranoid about it, but not necessarily unduly.

@TBC wrote:Noooooo. Definitely don't turn down something amazing like that.
As I said, I'll look into it. I have been doing most of my Kanji research during my daily commute, as I rarely want to study during my times off Razz But that said, it definitely sounds like a useful program, so I'll (eventually) look into it.
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:20 pm

@Drazex wrote:Either way, even the experience I just said was a different game I got in Japanese XD
Amusingly, given our conversation in Pokemon Pinball (which switched to being about TCG's, apparently Razz), the game I was starting to play in Japanese was the very first yugioh game (Japanese only, for the original GB)
Hahahaha indeed :p The TCG is fun, though :p And cool about that ^_^   I really need to get back into Japanese so I can start playing a game in it.
@Drazex wrote:My concern isn't spam, it's identity theft. I may be slightly paranoid about it, but not necessarily unduly.
Honestly I'd say that's more on the paranoid side :p I have my stuff out regularly and never really had any issues with identity theft. Most of the time when that happens, it's because someone is digging through your physical trash or has a keylogger on your computer via virus.
@Drazex wrote: But that said, it definitely sounds like a useful program, so I'll (eventually) look into it.
That's as bad as not doing it :p lol. Like seriously. Look it up as soon as you see this post. It takes like 5 minutes to make an account and stuff and check it out. It's absolutely amazing and will drastically help your studying.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:49 pm

@TBC wrote:Honestly I'd say that's more on the paranoid side :p I have my stuff out regularly and never really had any issues with identity theft. Most of the time when that happens, it's because someone is digging through your physical trash or has a keylogger on your computer via virus.
It's just as common for identity thieves to find stuff off the internet if they really want to. It may be paranoia, but it only takes one time to ruin your life.

@TBC wrote:That's as bad as not doing it :p lol. Like seriously. Look it up as soon as you see this post. It takes like 5 minutes to make an account and stuff and check it out. It's absolutely amazing and will drastically help your studying.
Oh contrare. That statement means that it is on my to-do list, which means I'll get to it. The size of my to-do list just makes it less immediate, especially in relation to other pet-projects. And it might take 5 minutes to sign up, but actually using it would take far longer.
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:48 pm

@Drazex wrote:It's just as common for identity thieves to find stuff off the internet if they really want to.  It may be paranoia, but it only takes one time to ruin your life.
True. But you could slip fall and die on your way to work. Your life can be ruined every day :p Though in most cases of identity theft, it's not terribly hard to fix it. Like you can kinda tell when someone randomly is in another part of the world using your identity when you're still using it where you live :p Also, no one wants to steal my identity lol. They can have the 60 thousand dollars of medical debt XD
@Drazex wrote:Oh contrare.  That statement means that it is on my to-do list, which means I'll get to it.  The size of my to-do list just makes it less immediate, especially in relation to other pet-projects.  And it might take 5 minutes to sign up, but actually using it would take far longer.
Like your games to-do list? The 600+ one? lol..... Actually sitting down and checking it out and getting idea of what the site can do would take 15 minutes total. It would greatly benefit you since it really is something that'd help you a tonLike you can open a new tab and do it between stuff. Or once you get started you can even use it on your phone.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:06 am

@TBC wrote:Like you can kinda tell when someone randomly is in another part of the world using your identity when you're still using it where you live :p Also, no one wants to steal my identity lol. They can have the 60 thousand dollars of medical debt XD
Yah, I just moved randomly to another part of the world, so I'm not sure if my bank would notice, and I have yet to receive my first paycheck, so every dollar is precious atm >.>

@TBC wrote:Like your games to-do list? The 600+ one? lol..... Actually sitting down and checking it out and getting idea of what the site can do would take 15 minutes total. It would greatly benefit you since it really is something that'd help you a tonLike you can open a new tab and do it between stuff. Or once you get started you can even use it on your phone.
I don't have a phone (at all) atm, and when I get one, it'll be a simple flip phone, probably. And just checking it out won't help me, I'd need to actually use it, which would take longer. My non-game to-do list is much shorter than my games to-do list, and it's pretty high up on it, though other more immediate uses of my time take more precedence (like research and other commitments)
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:29 pm

@Drazex wrote:  And just checking it out won't help me, I'd need to actually use it, which would take longer.  My non-game to-do list is much shorter than my games to-do list, and it's pretty high up on it, though other more immediate uses of my time take more precedence (like research and other commitments)
Well I guess it's your loss, then :p
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content