Technicality :P

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Technicality :P

Post by Drazex on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:22 am

Well, I've technically been gone for several months during the forum's lifeless slumber, but as it slowly awakens, it's yawning draws me back to it.

...actually, it's the email alerts.  But still, signs of life.

As apparently the 5th largest poster on the forum (lol), I suppose it's worth a re-introduction, and perhaps an update on relevant stuff that's happened with me during the forum's hibernation (summer hibernation?  Must be a southern hemisphere thing).

-I moved to Japan (instant talking point there, I know)
-I began romhacking (albeit with very little frequency)
-I got a computer capable of playing video games, and then got all the games. (thank you HumbleBundle)

So yah, that's a bit about me as a "returning" member Razz

Update Apparently, after going over all the other posts I missed since the recent return of life, I am now the 3rd biggest poster. Who'd have thought?
Drazex

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Brian
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Technicality :P

Post by TBC on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Hey there, Drazex! Welcome back! Very Happy   And yeah! It's definitely getting some life to it. It just takes a few active people to get it going, is all.  Email alerts definitely help Wink

JAPAN YAY!!!!!!!    Where in Japan do you live? When did you move? Why did you move? Has it been a difficult adjustment? Is there a lot of culture-shock? How are you keeping in touch with your friends from where you lived before? Where did you live before? Do you have a job yet? Have you made any new friends?

Sorry for the questions :p But you are right. Instant talking point :p

Oooooh, romhacking? Fun stuff ^_^ What are you working on? Sweet on the computer Very Happy

Hahaha. You won't beat my posting Wink

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJCalem on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:13 am

Hello Person-I-Do-Not-Know-Yet, nice to meet you, though it seems I have an earlier join date then you.  Seems I have contributed a fair share to the deadness >.<

Well, no more!
JJCalem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:29 am

@TBC wrote:JAPAN YAY!!!!!!!    Where in Japan do you live? When did you move? Why did you move? Has it been a difficult adjustment? Is there a lot of culture-shock? How are you keeping in touch with your friends from where you lived before? Where did you live before? Do you have a job yet? Have you made any new friends?
To be succinct (*sharp inhale*):
1.) Okayama City, just north of Shikoku (as shown on a map in my, well, maps post)
2.) ~3 weeks ago, arrived in Japan 11/30, moved into my apartment 12/5
3.) Got a job here
4.) Not really.  Not much different than college, in its own right
5.) Not really, as I already knew a lot about Japanese culture
6.) Skype and Facebook
7.) Indiana (as I mentioned on someone else's introduction post), though really, I've lived all over America (including your neighbor, Minnesota)
8.) As per #3, yes.  I wouldn't have moved out here without having a job first (at least without being friggin' fluent)
9.) Not as of yet, per se, but I have been getting along famously with my coworkers.

@TBC wrote:Sorry for the questions :p But you are right. Instant talking point
np.

@TBC wrote:Oooooh, romhacking? Fun stuff ^_^ What are you working on?
I've taken over the romhack portion of Ponymon Anarchy, a, well, pony romhack.  Given my busy schedule and stuff, though, I work on it less than the work on Gen 0 in the past few months (with as many updates) Razz

@TBC wrote:Email alerts definitely help
Understatement, right there Razz  I probably would have checked back on here like a year from now, if not for those little alerts.

@TBC wrote:Hahaha. You won't beat my posting
Another understatement, there. XD
I'm not really competitive about it, I just find it hilarious, because I'm a long-time lurker of places.  This place is one of the few places I decided to go all-in, community wise with (especially on account of it being fairly small), and lo and behold, it died >.>  At least it came back in the strange aeon of December.  But I never expected to be the third biggest poster on a forum of over 1000 members XD

Hello Person-I-Do-Not-Know-Yet, nice to meet you
Konnichi wa, dozoyoroshiku. (aka, Hello, nice to meet you!)
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:30 pm

@JJCalem wrote:Seems I have contributed a fair share to the deadness >.<

Well, no more!
Sweet!!! *broohoofs*
@Drazex wrote:To be succinct (*sharp inhale*):
1.) Okayama City, just north of Shikoku (as shown on a map in my, well, maps post)
2.) ~3 weeks ago, arrived in Japan 11/30, moved into my apartment 12/5
3.) Got a job here
4.) Not really.  Not much different than college, in its own right
5.) Not really, as I already knew a lot about Japanese culture
6.) Skype and Facebook
7.) Indiana (as I mentioned on someone else's introduction post), though really, I've lived all over America (including your neighbor, Minnesota)
8.) As per #3, yes.  I wouldn't have moved out here without having a job first (at least without being friggin' fluent)
9.) Not as of yet, per se, but I have been getting along famously with my coworkers.
Cooooooooooooooool. What do you do for work?   I wish I was able to travel. I've only been out of state like twice, and that was to Illinois and Michigan.. lol.

@Drazex wrote:I've taken over the romhack portion of Ponymon Anarchy, a, well, pony romhack.  Given my busy schedule and stuff, though, I work on it less than the work on Gen 0 in the past few months (with as many updates) Razz
Coolio! Though the public game hasn't updated, a lot has been going on ^_^   But yeah, that's neat. Is it MLP based, then?  Like are you going after the Mane 6? Or general Ponys? Or is it just replacing Pokemon with their Pony counterparts?
@Drazex wrote:Understatement, right there Razz  I probably would have checked back on here like a year from now, if not for those little alerts.
Hahaha yeah XD  I was hoping the email alerts would bring some people back when I did my forum sweep. I'm glad it did!! Very Happy
@Drazex wrote:Another understatement, there. XD
I'm not really competitive about it, I just find it hilarious, because I'm a long-time lurker of places.  This place is one of the few places I decided to go all-in, community wise with (especially on account of it being fairly small), and lo and behold, it died >.>  At least it came back in the strange aeon of December.  But I never expected to be the third biggest poster on a forum of over 1000 members XD
Oh I'm not either :p  Just had to point it out though :p  I wouldn't mind if someone did get more posts than I. That'd mean the community is living! Very Happy And yeah I wish even 10% of those lazy f- Evil or Very Mad .....people  Razz ... Would post.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:30 am

@TBC wrote:Sweet!!! *broohoofs*
Do I hear the telltale remark of a fellow brony, then? Very Happy
(\ brohoof

@TBC wrote:What do you do for work?
I work for the company Nichii Gakkan, which is a healthcare supplier/healthcare education company, which recently expanded into the English teaching industry. I work as an English instructor. The hours are long, but it's really fun (and my coworkers are really cool).

@TBC wrote:I've only been out of state like twice, and that was to Illinois and Michigan.. lol.
Lol, yah, I have you beat there. This is my first time out of the USA, but in America, I was born in MA, moved to MN for elementary school, then spent Jr HS-HS in Las Vegas, NV, then went to college in New York, before finally ending up in Indiana. Then I moved to Japan. XD Including vacations, I've at least driven through most of the continental USA, and have spent time beyond both the east and west coasts ^_^

@TBC wrote:Though the public game hasn't updated, a lot has been going on ^_^
...as is basically how my ROMhack has been going XD The ROMhack is using Emerald as a base. The original author that I took the ROMhack over from managed to delete the Sootopolis gym, somehow. Among the things I've done since taking over: rebalancing ~50% of the ponymon (the rest are in queue to be rebalancd), completely rebuilding (and redesigning) the Sootopolis gym, fixing movement permissions and scripting bugs, and adding a new giant forest (the Everfree Forest, still a WIP).

@TBC wrote:Is it MLP based, then?
Indubitably. It replaces every pokemon in the entire Emerald game with something from MLP, be it a major character, minor character, background pony, monster, critter, etc. I've also been changing some attacks and such to make them either signature moves, or just more fitting to the new material.

...I just have this bad problem of project ADD. I work really hard on something, then start to lose inspiration, and put it down for months (or sometimes for good, unfortunately.)
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:44 pm

@Drazex wrote:Do I hear the telltale remark of a fellow brony, then?  Very Happy
(\ brohoof
Yes, you do ^_^
@Drazex wrote:I work for the company Nichii Gakkan, which is a healthcare supplier/healthcare education company, which recently expanded into the English teaching industry.  I work as an English instructor.  The hours are long, but it's really fun (and my coworkers are really cool).
OMG That's awesome!!!!! That's actually what I want to do at some point. I would absolutely LOVE to teach English in Japan for a few years or something. You should PM/email me and let me know how you got in that and the process you've gone through Very Happy
@Drazex wrote: Including vacations, I've at least driven through most of the continental USA, and have spent time beyond both the east and west coasts ^_^
Daaaaaaang. That's awesome Smile I wish I could travel.... But alas... No monies. Or a car :p
@Drazex wrote: Among the things I've done since taking over:  rebalancing ~50% of the ponymon (the rest are in queue to be rebalancd), completely rebuilding (and redesigning) the Sootopolis gym, fixing movement permissions and scripting bugs, and adding a new giant forest (the Everfree Forest, still a WIP).
That's pretty sweet! I'll definitely check it out once you get a demo for it. Also, feel free to post about it in the fan-game forum!!! Spread the love :3 That's one of my goals for the forum is to have this also be a hub for other people's fangames. I'd love to see people who found my game through word-of-mouth come here and also find new games Smile
@Drazex wrote:be it a major character, minor character, background pony, monster, critter, etc.  I've also been changing some attacks and such to make them either signature moves, or just more fitting to the new material.
OMG DOES THAT MEAN I CAN GET A PARASPRITE? Also, how do you handle the evolutions in it? Would be awesome for the ponies where they start off as babies and "evolve" and get their cutie marks :p Twilight would evolve into an Alacorn too :p
@Drazex wrote:...I just have this bad problem of project ADD.  I work really hard on something, then start to lose inspiration, and put it down for months (or sometimes for good, unfortunately.)
Yeah..... I know how that is. *points to previous forum absence of like 6 months* I do min-versions of that, too. Like with being gone from the forum for a week, or taking a Gen 0 break for a week or whatever :p Breaks are good. Just not month+ ones :p
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down