Clefairy from the Moon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clefairy from the Moon

Post by JJCalem on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:42 am

It has long been hinted in the Pokemon franchise that Clefairy come from the moon and I would love to see that continued into Gen 0.

My idea is that when you approach Mount Moon for the first time your character will see a meteor falling and landing somewhere on the mountain. Then, when you are exploring Mount Moon you eventually come to a room with a crater in it. In the middle of the crater would be a moonstone and when you pick it up you are attacked by a Clefairy/Cleffa (not sure which would be better). Ideally you wouldn't see Clefairy/Cleffa until that encounter, but if that is too challenging that is fine. It would be nice for the crater room to have a higher encounter rate for Clefairy/Cleffa then the rest of Mount Moon though.

Also, if you didn't want a short scene from the character seeing the meteor fall you could always just have the people near Mount Moon talk about it (thinking trainers in particular so you are less likely to miss it). Smart players will connect the recent meteor fall and the crater with moonstone.
JJCalem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clefairy from the Moon

Post by TBC on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:26 am

I'm totally for including more lore on how they came from the meteor. However, I recently watched the episode of the Anime that involves this, and I wouldn't be able to include the meteor falling. The scientist guy that ends up living with the Clefairy talks about how the meteor fell hundreds/thousands of years ago.

However, I would definitely be up for making some sort of Clefairy event. Maybe the room with the meteor is normally blocked off but you get it open somehow, which lets out more Clefairy in the cave?

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:54 pm

That would be amazing. You'd also find lots of items in that room too, because Clefaries steal stuff in order to build up their spaceship (yes there was another episode with that as a main event. They actually fly off at the end). So you'd find lots of useful items, and you'd probably capture a couple of Clefairies yourself.
It would be interesting to be able to return to the cave to casually find new items lying around (but always randomized).

There! Another suggestion Smile

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Glyph
Region: Unova
Friend Code: Pokemon Showdown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:13 am

Random idea I had when reading this:

We know from the anime that there is a giant moon stone that crashed on mount moon. We also know that with a ring of moon stones encircling this giant moon stone, the clefairy are able to evolve... As a possibility, this room could be opened in the post-game, including the giant moon stone, and leveling any pokemon that evolves by moon-stone in this room would evolve them. This same mechanics as eevee's evolution into leafeon or glaceon, or magnezone and probopass. Just an idea, as this would help people conserve on their moonstones...

Also, on the subject of stones, will there be all four unlimited stones in Vermilion City bay? This was part of the adventures manga, which included a leaf stone, fire stone, thunder stone, and water stone that could be used an unlimited amount of times, without wearing out.
I just thought I'd include both ideas, since the evolution stones are a pain to come across in most games...

The moon stone is the primary concern, as celadon did not sell them in the first games, and led to a limit of available stones in-game. (without trading)

Just thought I'd throw out my idea into this post to try and spark up a conversation...

"If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane"
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world"
Hydro

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Quinlan
Region: Hoenn
Friend Code: 3926-5951-3699

View user profile http://z15.invisionfree.com/Hydro_Haven/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:13 am

I definitely agree with Hydro, here. One of the purposes for limiting moon stones in the original game (and all stones in later games) I'm sure was to provide another reason why you'd need to trade. Trading being the gimmick that gave life to Pokemon (literally, the idea of trading monsters via link cable is what gave its creator, Satoshi Tajiri, the idea).

Given that TBC has confirmed that there will not be trading in at least the foreseeable future, having unlimited evolution options would be great.

In fact, I'd even take it a step further... What if the raw power of the moon stone meteor could let evolve-by-trade pokemon evolve? You could even have the moon stone meteor be discovered as part of a quest, with your original Gastly evolving to Gengar from the exposure.
Drazex

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Brian
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:31 pm

I don't think I would go with unlimited evolutions. That would be too overpowered or easy. Since this will not have online capabilities, I can story-create the evolution things more to allow them to happen naturally, while extras and stuff would be harder to get. Though, certain ones would be difficult regardless.

Trade evolutions, as I explained in the FAQ, are each going to have their own unique way of evolving.

The moonstone post-game idea thing is pretty neat, though. I dunno if I'd do that, but it is a cool idea to keep in mind Smile
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down