Brickster John would like to battle!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brickster John would like to battle!

Post by JohnBrick on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Hey guys! JohnBrick here, glad to be a part of the forums! My main contribution to the community so far is addressing the mystery of why Oak hates indoor bike riding so much, which TBC has promised to add in as a humorous easter egg and include my name in some way Smile

My favorite Pokemon has always been Charmander, and I'm familiar with Gens 1-3, with sporadic knowledge of later generations despite never having played them. I also run a large LEGO fan page called I love LEGO, and I'm a college student of Psychology and Business. For interests, I love indie games, LEGO, minecraft, game design, reading, and writing stories. I'm looking forward to giving the complete game a try!

JohnBrick

Trainer Card
Trainer Name::
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile http://oldlego.com/blog.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Brickster John would like to battle!

Post by Drazex on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:30 am

Indoor bike riding killed ma pa!

Also Lego is awesome. And Minecraft.

What kind of games do you design?
Drazex

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Brian
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnBrick on Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:34 am

Well, I'd love to design something open and limitless like minecraft, but until I get that chance I'm taking what offers I can get. Mainly flash games and small apps now. Also interested in designing physical board games if I can get enough support for a project Smile
JohnBrick

Trainer Card
Region:
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:06 am

Video games/board games, that's cool. One of the reasons I asked, is because one of my hobbies is designing tabletop RPG's (a la Dungeons and Dragons). I dabble in some video games stuff, too, but don't know nearly enough programming to do much in those areas, and generally too short of a "hobby attention span" to get too far into learning >.>
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Hey John! Welcome to the forums! Very Happy It's awesome to see a familiar FB face appear here Very Happy  I hope you enjoy your time help make this a thriving, active community! Very Happy Also, yeah. That was a good suggestion :p  Aside from those couple bi--.....er... unsavory folk, who were being rude. :p  It will be a fun nod to a community-based joke.

Cool!  I miss playing with legos :p  It was always fun. I wonder why they never made Lego Pokemon or buildings and stuff o.0 That'd be sweet. Ooooh! We have a writer's section on the forums here if you want to share your stories Smile At some point I'll put up some of what I'm doing as well. I have some short stories I could put in. 

Minecraft is alright. But I like Terraria Very Happy   And any games like it :p  Edge of Space, Crea, Planet Centauri, Signs of Life, Darkout. I have em all :p

But yeah. Welcome!

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:49 am

@TBC wrote:But I like Terraria Very Happy
...that one's on my to-play list.

@TBC wrote:Darkout
...and that one, too. >.>
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Well hello there Brickster! Name's Shell Master Tortwag, yes I WILL add the title every time I present myself.
You may call me Tortwag if you feel it too long, though, people usually do.
In any case! Amazing name for an amazing hobby: building lego Very Happy I never was into this kind of stuff, but I definitely admired the ability that some of my friends had wit those toys. Lots of stuff to build. Good thing we have another writer in our ranks, too, I'm usually the only one in forums XD

Well... That's pretty much it. You seem more familiar to the project than I am. May you enjoy your stay!
Tortwag

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Glyph
Region: Unova
Friend Code: Pokemon Showdown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:22 am

@Tortwag wrote:Good thing we have another writer in our ranks, too, I'm usually the only one in forums
Lol, it seems like half of this forum are writers XD If you were missing writers, this definitely seems like the right place Razz
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:01 am

I know, right?! Paradise for me Very Happy Very Happy So unused to that.

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:10 pm

It really is pretty awesome. I'm pretty excited to see everything you guys come up with. Also being able to post my own stuff in a community of people I actually care about.  We have a pretty great group starting here Smile
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Hey, you DO realize I alreayd have 2 one-offs and a story with 4 chapters already in this forum, right? It's even in my signature, so if you were waitin' for us to come with something... Now's the time to check it!

On a side note I reached Disgaea's chapter 2 days ago. Sweeped two chapters in one day. But now I need to go back to griding sessions in the Item World.

Trainer Card

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:43 pm

@Tortwag wrote:Hey, you DO realize I alreayd have 2 one-offs and a story with 4 chapters already in this forum, right? It's even in my signature, so if you were waitin' for us to come with something... Now's the time to check it!
TBC just wrote: I'm pretty excited to see everything you guys come up with.
:p  I was directing it at everyone lol
@Tortwag wrote:On a side note I reached Disgaea's chapter 2 days ago. Sweeped two chapters in one day. But now I need to go back to griding sessions in the Item World.
Make a topic about it in the correct sub-forum. This is for writing stuff ^_^
@Drazex wrote:
@TBC wrote:But I like Terraria Very Happy
...that one's on my to-play list.
@TBC wrote:Darkout
...and that one, too. >.>
Hahahahaha nice :p Well go play em!
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:44 pm

@TBC wrote:Well go play em!
Yah, my to-play list is about 600-700 games long >.> I believe Terraria is fairly high on the list, but especially with multiple side projects as well...
Drazex

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnBrick on Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Wow this thread took off haha. @TBC I'll def put some stories up sometime and can't wait to read the ones there already

Lego Pokemon is a dream that isn't likely to happen sadly. Lego has a system where people can suggest set ideas and if they get 10,000 votes, they consider making it a set. I've yet to see a nintendo set even make it that far without being canceled, i don't think they want to partner with Lego D:

Btw, have you Terraria fans tried out Starbound? It's pretty much the spiritual successor to Terraria, main difference is you travel an infinitely generated universe where every planet has unique biome, npcs, enemies, etc.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Smile
JohnBrick

Trainer Card
Region:
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:24 pm

@JohnBrick wrote:Lego Pokemon is a dream that isn't likely to happen sadly. Lego has a system where people can suggest set ideas and if they get 10,000 votes, they consider making it a set. I've yet to see a nintendo set even make it that far without being canceled, i don't think they want to partner with Lego D:
Awww well that sucks. Lego Pokemon would be so cool! It just seems like a natural thing for it. Collect all teh lego PokemanZZZ!!! It would sell like fucking hotcakes lol. Could even make buildings seen in the game with it :p

THEN you play Pokemon flavored D&D with the legos as minis XD hahahaha
@JohnBrick wrote:Btw, have you Terraria fans tried out Starbound? It's pretty much the spiritual successor to Terraria, main difference is you travel an infinitely generated universe where every planet has unique biome, npcs, enemies, etc.
First, I gotta say that Starbound is in no way a spiritual successor to Terraria. Starbound is simply another game with the same genre as Terraria. Spiritual successors are often by the same development team as the previous game, as well as only happening after a game is already done.

Terraria update 1.3 is coming in June, Terraria: Otherworld is coming out sometime after June, but before December, and Terraria 2 is in development. So Starbound is by no means a spiritual successor. Chuckelfish(the devs of SB) are pretty shitty and promised the game to come out in 2013, and it's two years later and they barely got done what they promised to the players. They treated the community like shit, too.

Rant aside, I do have Starbound :p I have the other games of the same Genre as well. Crea, Signs of Life and Edge of Space. Soooooon, Planet Centauri is coming out!!! Very Happy It's gonna be the best game of the genre. Even better than Terraria, in my opinion.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top