Writer Roll-Call!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Writer Roll-Call!

Post by TBC on Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:00 pm

Hey guys! ^_^

Just wondering, on a conversational level, who all here is a writer?  I am!  Very Happy I like writing fiction and fantasy, mainly.  Who else likes writing?!

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Writer Roll-Call!

Post by Hydro on Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:56 pm

Well... Yeah, I like writing. Probably obvious by my moderating of a text rpg Razz ...
I actually am working on a novel too though. It's unrelated to pokemon, obviously, and highly in development... I've written about 20,000 words so far, but scrapped quite a bit of them... Whole chapters being torn out...
It is fiction, and something I have been hard on for quite a while... I think I might post it on here at some point, maybe the first chapter and the prologue or something....

I'd love to meet some people who also enjoy writing. A close friend of mine is the only active writer I've connected to, and we send work for peer editing... I'd love to find more potential editors of my work, and I'd absolutely love reading more work!

"If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane"
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world"
Hydro

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Quinlan
Region: Hoenn
Friend Code: 3926-5951-3699

View user profile http://z15.invisionfree.com/Hydro_Haven/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:20 am

I do a fair bit of writing, on and off, for several years now. And by several, I mean around 12-13 years. I mainly design tabletop RPG settings (eg, settings for Dungeons and Dragons), but I also write novels (science fiction or fantasy, frequently with fan fiction elements (though mostly original material), though I have yet to finish one).

I've actually been considering posting one of my more completed works here (a novelization of a series of RPG games I ran), already. If people are interested, I can definitely post the first couple chapters.

In my years, I've also dabbled in poetry, play writing, and song writing, though my "hobby ADD" has lead to similar lack of completion in most of them, though I have completed a few short stories (mostly horror).

I also have been giving my writer friends editing and feedback for years, so if anyone wants me to look at something with an editing/feedback eye, PM me (though no promises, as I work a 9-hour day not including commute, so my free time is ...limited.) I also can give general advice if desired.
Drazex

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Brian
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Me! Me! Writer! Here! Here Very Happy
Been writtin' since I'm 8. Well... Nothing serious until recently, actually. Up until now it was mostly writing down conscious or semi-conscious dreams (yes I have those, I'm a... Weird person to say the least), or write down ideas and concepts. Or school stuff.
In any case, now I'm actually fully into Fantasy stories and novels, as well as mixing it with other styles and types of writings, so I guess it's a hobby at this point.
To be more precise, everything related to fiction is my ally.

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Glyph
Region: Unova
Friend Code: Pokemon Showdown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cmstatik on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:32 pm

I used to write but I haven't in so long. I enjoyed it as a passtime
cmstatik

Trainer Card
Trainer Name::
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile http://nearxedge.blogspot.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by KvaGram on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:10 am

I don't consider myself a writer, but as some of you may have noticed, I am trying to put a rather long funny spin on instructions to find the public alpha of the game (pretty much the number 1 of FAQ).

Last edited by KvaGram on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
KvaGram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Drazex on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:14 am

Tortwag wrote:Been writtin' since I'm 8. Well... Nothing serious until recently, actually.
Well, if we're counting not-serious writing when we were kids, that extends my writing time to 18 years XD (I started writing my first story when I was 6. My parents still have a copy Razz)
Drazex

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Brian
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:02 am

Well I believe we should totally count those! I still use some of my old stories as inspiration to this day, so it totally counts!

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Glyph
Region: Unova
Friend Code: Pokemon Showdown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Cool, guys! It's great to see some writers around here! It's up to us to keep the writing section of the forum lively, too!! Very Happy  I will certainly make sure to post some stuff soon. I have an aversion to posting non-finished works, so it will be sparingly when I post stuff. But I definitely will! Very Happy   I look forward to seeing stuff from you guys as well Smile

Also.... Shameless plug! I'm still looking for in-game writers to work on the book-excerpts I find in-game.... If you're interested, shoot me an email! pokemongen0@gmail.com

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by griffinlord775 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:07 pm

I'm a writer! I'm legitimately in college to get a degree in Creative Writing! Very Happy

"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you." -Last Word from MTG Darksteel
griffinlord775

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:22 pm

Sweet Logan!!! (I think you're Logan by what I member from the new trainer thread. If that wasn't you, sorry Griffin!)

I'd love to see some of your stuff. I remember you saying something that you've posted about your writing? It would be awesome to read. I gotta post some of my stuff at some point.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down