Silph Co. and Pokeballs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Silph Co. and Pokeballs

Post by JJCalem on Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:36 am

Everyone knows Silph Co., a huge corporation in the Pokemon world that develops Pokeballs, TMs, and just about anything else you may buy at a Pokemart.  I envision them as already established at the time of Gen0, basic potions at least I would imagine were developed at this time, though not in spray form, and they may have been unveiling other products like repels and vitamin under their packaging.

Now, from my time looking a bulbapedia I am across something very interesting.  Apparently Kurt's granddaughter (Maisy) says her father works for Silph.  This means the son of the master apricorn Pokeball craftsman is working for Silph, presumably helping develop modern Pokeballs.

As far as Pokeballs go, I would imagine most towns would still only sell apricorn Pokeballs, however perhaps sometime before reaching Saffron (I am thinking around Celadon) you could come across Kurt's son who explains he is testing a new type of Pokeball.  He could then give you a few "Prototype Balls" and encourage you to try them out.  Before leaving he would tell you that whenever you are passing through Saffron you can stop my his lab in the Silph building to report on how they did.

Finally, I don't think apricorn balls should be available in every town, or if they are they should be pricier then your standard Pokeball.  Silph Co.'s Pokeball takes off and basically pushes apricorn ball off the market all together, and I imagine that was because the Pokeball was cheaper, and easier to mass produce.  Perhaps if you help Kurt's son out (a few sidequests?) Pokeballs can become available in the market and you could actually get some of that pushing out of the apricorn balls happening in game.

Anyway, what does everyone think?  Also, we would need a name for Kurt's son.
JJCalem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silph Co. and Pokeballs

Post by KvaGram on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:57 am

Does not quite fit withe cannon...

From my understanding, the modern pokeball model existed for a long ass time. Our assumption in gen0 is that they are too expensive to make for everyday use, and thus most trainers have to make their own balls.

I guess there was some kind of pokeball-industry boom sometime between gen0 and gen1.
KvaGram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJCalem on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:25 am

Really? Ah well. By modern Pokeball I am referring to the red and white ones you see everywhere of course.
JJCalem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Hmm... Well personally I find this idea a bit complex but definitely interesting. Not sure about the canon factor as well, however, so we'll have to wait from here. Still. Good thought on different types of Apricorn balls.

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Glyph
Region: Unova
Friend Code: Pokemon Showdown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: