Is this what I have always wanted?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this what I have always wanted?

Post by Ampix0 on Fri May 29, 2015 2:29 pm

I am what I guess kids call a "genwunner". When I was a kid Pokemon was all I cared about, but there was only 151 pokemon (and then the unknown came in.. but that was weird and everyone just ignored them). Once Pokemon added gen 2 and forward I started to lose interest in the game and in the show (although the show had more to do with the change in voice actors).

Is this game what I have always wanted? I have always wanted to play a NEW pokemon game, but I only want what was available (pokemon wise) in the first generation. I dont mind if there is new items or anything that makes the game more interesting, but I sure as hell don't want any ice cream cone pokemon or other nonsense.

On a personal note, I am also a streamer on Twitch, and if this game is what I am hoping for, I hope I can stream it live!

Where can I get a general description about this mod? What's available? What Pokemon? What version is it built off of?

Ampix0

View user profile http://wwww.twitch.tv/Ampix0

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this what I have always wanted?

Post by TBC on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:50 am

****NOTE****
THIS GAME IS NOT A MOD OR ROM-HACK. IT IS A GAME MADE FROM THE GROUND UP.

Hello there Ampix0! Welcome to the Generation 0 forums!!

Well, it's a bit of a loaded question. It really depends on how open you are to change. I, myself, am a 'genwunner' as well. Well, more of a 'gentwoer', because Gold/Silver are hands-down the best games in the series.

I'll rip the band-aid off right away. I am including more Pokemon than what is found in gen 1. However, I will not add salt to the wound Wink There won't be any Gen 6 Pokemon in the game. Nor will there be Gen 5 Pokemon.

The pokemon found in Gen 0(which is a more rich and artistically changed Kanto) will be the ones naturally appearing in Kanto during HG/SS. So this means there will be Pokemon from Generations 1, 2, 3 and 4. However, not all from those gens will be in.

For instance, Ralts is not in the game. He never appears in Kanto, so he isn't gonig to be in Gen0. Along with this change, the game is going to be an RPG first. This means I am modeling the narrative and a lot of the gameplay mechanics more after a JRPG than Pokemon.

For example, there's a full quest system. Quests have actual names where you will be able to access a quest journal and look at the details for the quest. I plan on adding a crafting system of sorts and changing the way some items work. Leftovers, for instance, will wither away over time. A Quick Claw will break after so many uses etc.

To compensate, these will be given as quest rewards as well, and you can craft them. Additionally, the game is going to be heavily focused on story and it will be extremely difficult as well.

I'll let you play to find out the difficulty, though Wink More information about the game can be found on the FAQ.

There's still quite a bit I have not included about the game. There's a lot to it! I hope you give it a chance and enjoy it Smile See ya around!

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down