Pewter Quest Suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pewter Quest Suggestion

Post by SidetracKing on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:41 pm

Since Pewter is currently under construction, (anyone know how far along it is yet?) I was trying to imagine what types of quests we might run into there, and a scenario popped into my head that seemed to fit with the feel of the city. A rock slide has dislodged a large group of geodude into a section of town and the unhappy pokemon are making it dangerous for the townspeople to go about their business as usual in the area. The player has to defeat all the geodudes to drive them back up into the mountains and away from the town.

The quest could be triggered by entering pewter on a certian time of day and or day of the week, maybe with a policeman blocking the area who asks for your help, as you have already beaten the gym leader from Pewter city and must be a pretty decent trainer.

The event would only happen after you have beaten a certain number of gym leaders, how many would depend on the intended difficulty of the quest, and could be an opportunity to catch a shiny geodude/graveler/golem (depending on how high level the quest would end up being).

Thoughts? Criticisms? Suggestions? Rejections? I'd like to hear anything anyone has to say!
SidetracKing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pewter Quest Suggestion

Post by KvaGram on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:23 pm

Seems like a great side-quest!
KvaGram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SidetracKing on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:10 pm

Thanks!

If you wanted to give the quest a little more depth, chasing the pokemon back into the mountains could lead to a secret team rocket mining operation, which would continue to dislodge rockslides and pokemon into the town if not stopped quickly.

I'd be pretty happy with just the opportunity to catch a shiny though. Maybe with a unique moveset thrown in to make it extra special.
SidetracKing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:49 pm

This sounds great!!! What's funny, is I just recently added a bunch of rocks on route 1 to block a path and made the reason a rock slide. So it could work out well to extend it up as well.

Not sure about the guaranteed shiny, but it might work out. I like the idea of a couple guaranteed ones on account of no net play.

But yeah. This will definitely make it in one way or another Smile. Thank you!

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KvaGram on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:50 pm

I could dig into the code, and see if I can increase the chance of encountering a shiny given some condition are met.

Just tell me what condition (global switch or whatever) and what the rate should be, and I will see what I can do when I have some time for it.
KvaGram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:57 pm

I can edit the shiny encounter rate or make a shiny in an event battle. So is all good.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by SidetracKing on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm glad you like the idea, thanks for considering it!

Also, sorry I didn't get around to posting this earlier, (start of the semester, so lots of other stuff going on) but I was thinking that if you didn't like the shiny idea so much for this quest, an alternative "reward" could be an item uncovered by the rockslide, or hidden in the rubble, such as a gold nugget for a little extra cash or a hard stone to boost the power of your rock type moves. I see you've already put some thought into implementing a shiny encounter, but just in case I thought I should mention it.
SidetracKing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:57 pm

@SidetracKing wrote:I'm glad you like the idea, thanks for considering it!
You're welcome Smile It's a good quest idea. If you have any others, feel free to post them! Even if they don't get used directly, it could still spur on conversation and end up being the catalyst for another idea Very Happy

@SidetracKing wrote:an alternative "reward" could be an item uncovered by the rockslide, or hidden in the rubble, such as a gold nugget for a little extra cash or a hard stone to boost the power of your rock type moves.
Definitely a possibility Smile I'll look into the specific reward more when I get there and am adding quests to see how things go. But yeah, definitely a good quest idea Very Happy

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down