Talk to Pokemon Glitch - Route 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Talk to Pokemon Glitch - Route 2

Post by dndgeekgirl on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:23 pm

The game has been running ok thus far, however if I turn to my Pokemon just outside of Viridian (Route 2, to the north) and try to take the idem it says they are holding, I get the error:

"Script 'Interpreter' line 512: NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'unlock' for nil:NilClass"

This comes up in a popup box and closes the game.

I left Viridian toward the South and the error did not occur.

Edit: I went back to Route 2 and tried to talk to the Pokemon. It went through the speech, but then crashed with the same error.

Last edited by dndgeekgirl on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New info)

dndgeekgirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Talk to Pokemon Glitch - Route 2

Post by TBC on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:04 pm

Thank you for reporting this Smile

This is a known bug and is being worked on. For now, we are taking the functionality of receiving items away, as that is where the glitch occurs. I don't think it should be there, anyways. That's what the ability pick-up is for :p

If you find any more bugs please edit your original post and respond here. Thanks!

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mistercrime on Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:50 am

So, this still hasn't been fixed. :/

Seems like easy enough to debug and fix, I would say couple days work at most. A shame that it takes so long since this game has huge potential to be fun.

mistercrime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:06 am

That's because I haven't updated the damn game yet. You can see by the download page that there hasn't been a public update yet, so it isn't going to magically fix without updating.

It's long-since been fixed on my side, I just haven't been able to get he public release out yet. Damn, geeze.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by mistercrime on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:24 am

Exactly, if I saw the date correctly, it's been about a year since last major update. That will hopefully end soon.

mistercrime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:26 am

I have a 44 hour a week job and a fucking life. I update the game when I can. If you paid attention instead of just complaining, you'd see that I've said I will be updating the game in about 2 weeks from now.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by mistercrime on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Sure I understand that, that's why I would consider updates as this being pushed out when they're done, probably on separate branches for that matter. But your work is only yours and you will do as you please. Anyway keep up the good work man, love it.

mistercrime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:11 pm

Thanks Smile

For awhile I was doing more quick updates. But as so many of the changes I make are fundamental changes require a new save, people didn't like the super quick ones. I put up a poll, and the fans said they wanted to wait for a larger update.

Life has gotten in the way, and I haven't been able to update it as soon as I wanted by any means. Moving and a bunch of other things, plus for 2 months I systematically re-mapped the whole game and then worked on essentially re-writing all of the dialogue as well as re-mapping most of the insides as well. A ton of back-end work has been done. While the public release coming in the next 2 weeks will only include up to Pewter City(fully populated), tons of stuff have been re-done and worked on.

Though it's going to move more quickly in general now, as a lot of the fundamental stuff has been taken care of. The next big coding change will be adding the Pokejournal and taking out the Pokedex. The Pokejournal will act as your pokedex as well as a quest journal to keep track of the quests and stuff Very Happy
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down