(contest CLOSED) Viridan Forest Quest Ideas!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(contest CLOSED) Viridan Forest Quest Ideas!

Post by TBC on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:02 am

First Official Forum contest time!!!!
SPOILER:
Yes...:
I wanted comic sans. Shut up.

• Contest will be running from 09/05/15 - 09/19/15

CONTEST IS NOW OVER WITH BUKARESTE AS A WINNER WITH THE QUEST EMERGENCY ALERT

Contest Details

_________________________________________________________________________________
This contest will be held for submitting a quest idea for Viridian Forest(And Viridian Forest only) to be submitted in Gen 0! Very Happy  These quests will need to be for Viridian Forest, but can start or end outside of it. The only thing is that it must include Viridian Forest as the main part of the quest.

In the forest you can find Pichu, Caterpie, Weedle, Hoothoot and spinarak with an evo or two being throughout the forest.

Technicalities

_________________________________________________________________________________
The submissions will be judged upon originality, presentation and delineation. The submission must follow the format lain out here and must be around Viridian Forest. A general quest submission will be ignored and/or deleted if posted in this thread.

Submission Requirements

• Any quest submissions must be made by Saturday the 19th or they will not be considered for the contest.
  • It is fine to edit your submissions before the contest end date if given new ideas and whatnot. Just be sure to list what you've edited and why
  • Quest Format will be listed below.

What's in it for me?

If chosen, you will be able to have someone in the quest named after you! NPC or Trainer, doesn't matter. You can even choose a couple lines of dialogue to say after the quest(within reason) for some extra personality Smile  And, you get to know your quest is in the game Wink

Quest Format

• Quest name:  The name of the quest
  • NPCs: The different people you'd interact with during the quest.
  • Quest Start: This is the condition to start the quest, like talking to someone, searching and finding an object, etc.
  • Quest Steps: These are the various steps of the quest. For instance, in Rug's Topography, you  must talk to James, search behind the well, find the actual pick-me-up and return it to him.
  • Quest End: What happens after the quest, like what the NPCs say or do or how it affects things if it does.
  • Quest Reward: It's, the... Quest reward. lol

Well, good luck!

Last edited by TBC on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:14 pm; edited 4 times in total

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Sorry if I should create a topic for it

Post by bukareste on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:17 am

Quest name: Emergency Alert

NPCs: Mary the Nurse and the trainer I still havent decided the name.

Quest Start: Enter the Viridian Pokecenter after you already entered Viridian Forest at least once. Talk to the Nurse to start quest.

Quest Steps:
-First you have to get to the point where you enter de Viridian Forest and then go to the Viridian.

-When you enter the Pokemon Center the player will see a scene showing Mary talking to a trainer. She will tell him that his pokemon is getting worse and if help don't come he will not handle it.

-In the back part of the Pokemon Center there is a corridor leading to nowhere. The NPC Nurse Would be placed there after the scene. When you talk to her, she will tell you that the boy's pokemon was affected by a strong and diferent poison and they need more of that to make the antidote. You can accept or not the quest.
-If possible it would be nice to have a timer pop up. If you talk to the trainer he will tell you his pokemon was poisoned by a strange beedrill and you would know if it was the one.

-Then you have to go to the forest where 3 Beedrill NPC will be placed in different places. Talking to any of them will trigger the fight. One of them is a Shiny Beedrill with Toxic among her attacks. You can't escape any of the fights, but you can either defeat the Beedrills or capture them.

-After the battle against the Shiny Beedrill an item called "Strange Poison" will appear. You need to get the item and give to the nurse to complete the Quest.

Quest End: I created this quest to be a one time thing and to have some feelings to it so I will put the last part in spoiler for the possibility of it getting in the game even if I lose.
Spoiler:
If you do the quest in time you will get the normal Quest Reward and the Trainer will tell he is forever grateful with his Growlithe at his side. If you accept the quest, fail the time but still complete it, you will get the reward +1 antidote and the boy will be outside crying, he will thank you for trying and you will have the option to give him a Beedrill (if you captured any of them) to make him feel better less completely destroyed. If you don't accept the quest and come back to do it in the same day you won't be able to get it and the boy will be outside of the pokemon center crying (at night a gastly will be watching him from the distance) for the rest of the game.

Quest Reward: 2 Antidotes, but also the chance of capturing 2 Normal Beedrills and/or a Shiny Beedrill with Toxic.

bukareste

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: (contest CLOSED) Viridan Forest Quest Ideas!

Post by TBC on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:31 am

That's a great start!!!! I really like the idea ^_^ I look forward to see what others come up with, if they can get over their Facebook laziness! :p
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtywiggles on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:50 pm

Quest name:  Forest Frenzy
NPCs: Kurt will be introduced to the game along with Scientist ______-possible future silph employee
Quest Start: Someone in Pewter City will request a Pichu for trade and says it can only be found in the forest. This is one reason to go in. Wandering in looking for Pokemon could cause it to start but it must be entered from the pewter city side initially. Around the middle of the forest, a NPC called Kurt will be encountered which will trigger a quest to find appricorns which are rare and can be found in the deep forest. The end of the forest will trigger another event where Scientist James will be studying the trees and cutting them. Being within 2 tiles away from Kurt and Scientist will trigger them talking to you.

Quest Steps: First, Kurt will trap a player when within 2 tiles to ensure no player can pass without dialogue. After talking, the player will lead through the forest where at the end there will be a scientist inspecting a different looking tree. You will talk to him and ask what he is doing. He will say these are unique fruit that he is studying and removing from the forest for research. Kurt will then argue the forest has been losing many different kinds of fruits and berries because of the scientist's work. The scientist becomes furious and demands a battle which will include a double battle with Kurt and his Shuckle which is his only known pokemon in the manga.
Ending: After defeating him, the scientist will leave and drop his findings. Kurt will then thank you and say he has to go and roam in search of adventure and other forests.
Quest Reward: 2 Blu Apricorns and an itemfinder

dirtywiggles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:42 am

Aaaaaaaaand, because people are lazy and we only have two submissions, the winner is clear!

*drum roll*

The winner is...  @bukareste !  That was a very well-thought out idea and a neat quest with the timed mechanics. I may alter a few things, like the amount of time you have to finish the quest and such. But I love it!  I will message you about the specific dialogue to include from you Smile

The thread will be left open for a bit for people to discuss and such, but no more entries will be accepted from here forward for this contest.

Thank you to those who participated! Very Happy
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum