Viridian Forest

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Viridian Forest

Post by Vell26 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:48 pm

Am I the only one that got completely lost in Viridian Forest? I mean I've been walking in darkness for about 45 minutes now. Idk if I'm going forward or backwards.

EDIT: I finally made it to Pewter! I don't know how to get back though. So I guess I'm stuck here? Oh well. I'm really enjoying this game. I noticed something that i thought was weird in the forest. I only encountered 1 Pikachu the whole time. But I fought at least 5 Pichu. Was that to force us to train a Pichu till it evolves? Either way, great game! !

Remember your edit tool. Don't double post, please. ~TBC

Last edited by TBC on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remember your edit tool. Don't double post, please. ~TBC)
Vell26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Viridian Forest

Post by SidetracKing on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:26 pm

I got lost the first time I went into Viridian Forest as well, so I know how you feel.  Very Happy

However, it doesn't matter much for the moment that you can't find your way back to viridian city because as far as I know, you actually can't exit the forest from that direction without getting stuck in a wall. That's what happened to me, anyway, so I'm just training in the forest and exploring pewter city until the next update.
SidetracKing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vell26 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Thanks man. I guess I'll start an intense training to prepare for the future updates.
Vell26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:43 pm

@Vell26 wrote:Am I the only one that got completely lost in Viridian Forest? I mean I've been walking in darkness for about 45 minutes now. Idk if I'm going forward or backwards.
It's meant to be that way Wink Viridian Forest is a maze now, as opposed to the simple mess it was before. :p
@Vell26 wrote:EDIT: I finally made it to Pewter!  I don't know how to get back though. So I guess I'm stuck here? Oh well. I'm really enjoying this game. I noticed something that i thought was weird in the forest. I only encountered 1 Pikachu the whole time. But I fought at least 5 Pichu. Was that to force us to train a Pichu till it evolves? Either way, great game! !
Yes, you're stuck there if you can't make it back :p I do have the Pokecenter working in Pewter right now, so yeah.

Yes, the Pichu thing was on purpose as well. I have Pikachu as a 1% thing while Pichu is around 5%. I am most likely going to take Pikachu out altogether. And thank you!! Smile
@SidetracKing wrote:I got lost the first time I went into Viridian Forest as well, so I know how you feel.  Very Happy

However, it doesn't matter much for the moment that you can't find your way back to viridian city because as far as I know, you actually can't exit the forest from that direction without getting stuck in a wall. That's what happened to me, anyway, so I'm just training in the forest and exploring pewter city until the next update.
I'm not sure if it was fixed in .6.18b, but it's fixed on my personal build. It's more than likely I fixed it awhile back. So you can most likely get back just fine.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Genwunner on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:16 am

Yeah, Viridian Forest is something else. Playing at 11 pm or so, i nearly got claustrophobic in this damn thing Laughing after 30-60 minutes I finally got through and saw that Pewter City is almost empty, you can't imagine how i felt ^^

Whatever, it's fun to play and it's cool that the Forest is really difficult compared to Gen 1. I look forward to the complete Game or at least to the next Update, I play this Game since yesterday and i think i'm already in love with it.  What a Face

@TBC wrote:
@SidetracKing wrote:I got lost the first time I went into Viridian Forest as well, so I know how you feel.  Very Happy

I'm not sure if it was fixed in .6.18b, but it's fixed on my personal build. It's more than likely I fixed it awhile back. So you can most likely get back just fine.

In the actual Version you still can't exit the Forest back to Viridian City, but i found a good solution for this, just get defeated when the Pokemon run out of moves Very Happy

Genwunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:33 am

@Genwunner wrote:Yeah, Viridian Forest is something else. Playing at 11 pm or so, i nearly got claustrophobic in this damn thing Laughing after 30-60 minutes I finally got through and saw that Pewter City is almost empty, you can't imagine how i felt ^^
Hahahaha that's great XD It'll be much more entertaining when I have everything done. Very Happy There will be a few more lights as well. Right now not all of em are in. Hahahahahaha. Well, Miyamoto did tell you the demo officially ends there and you can explore the unfinished areas after that :p
@Genwunner wrote:Whatever, it's fun to play and it's cool that the Forest is really difficult compared to Gen 1. I look forward to the complete Game or at least to the next Update, I play this Game since yesterday and i think i'm already in love with it.  What a Face
Thanks ^_^ It's going to be a bitch once it's fully fleshed out :3 The next update will be nice Very Happy It's a bit behind on schedule, but it'll have a big aesthetic overhaul with some content and stuff Very Happy And thanks! I'm glad you like it Smile

@Genwunner wrote:In the actual Version you still can't exit the Forest back to Viridian City, but i found a good solution for this, just get defeated when the Pokemon run out of moves Very Happy
Oh, dang :/ Well I'll have to get v0.6.19 out pretty soon, then!
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:02 pm

The most frustrating part is that personally, I found the place in which I'm supposed to reacht he exit of the forest, but I can't quite reach it.

That... is REALLY sadistic, TBC.
Oh, which reminds me: yay, game's finally workin' for me again. Spent the whole day redoin' the first badge, and I'm currently wanderin' round Viridian forest with Geno's Forest Maze in the background.
...Can't wait to reach Pewter. But it's good to be back.

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Glyph
Region: Unova
Friend Code: Pokemon Showdown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:39 pm

That's cool, dood!

And yes, I planned that :3

I'm also updating the demo on Thursday!

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Genwunner on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:02 pm

@TBC wrote:I'm also updating the demo on Thursday!

Yay, I think i'm already getting crazy inside this Forest and unfortunately I can't get back to Viridian City, which leaves me with no other option than grinding like an idiot. Twisted Evil

Genwunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:16 pm

@Genwunner wrote:
@TBC wrote:I'm also updating the demo on Thursday!

Yay, I think i'm already getting crazy inside this Forest and unfortunately I can't get back to Viridian City, which leaves me with no other option than grinding like an idiot. Twisted Evil
Life made me derp and I haven't been able to update it yet.

I was thinking, it's possible you may have an older version and stumbled upon my forever-loop I accidentally made XD It's been updated so it works now. But for a time, there was a spot on the map that you could get in and never leave... lol. Make sure you have your game updated to v0.6.18b.

Also, you know, if you're not able to get out, there's two sure-fire ways to find an exit.

You could do the ye olde pen-and-paper trick and draw up a map as you walk, or you can let yourself get a game over :p
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Genwunner on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Well, don't stress yourself with the update, I got enough patience to wait for it afterall. ^^

Yeah, I have the actual version which I downloaded a week ago and also today, but I still can't get back to Viridian City.

I already made myself a map and I have to say you made a really hellish path there. lol!

Genwunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:49 pm

WAIT... THERE'S A LOOP?!

*checks current version* Ah. I do have 6.18b, so it's just me bein' stuck. I can't go back to previous town though, so I too spend that time to grind for a while.

A map... huh. Might actually do that next time I tap into the forest.

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Glyph
Region: Unova
Friend Code: Pokemon Showdown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:27 pm

@Tortwag wrote:A map... huh. Might actually do that next time I tap into the forest.

Indeed! Making maps on RPGs and stuff back in the day was really helpful. I used to do that quite a bit. It definitely helps with mazes and stuff.  

You ever make it through?  I'm finally back on the ball after Fallout 4 came out and tore through my life like a beautiful hurricane hahahaha. I'll be updating Viridian Forest very soon!
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by JJCalem on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Pfft, maps. Stumbling around for hours is the way to do it, like when I was a child and didn't know flash was a thing and became hopelessly lost in rock tunnel.
JJCalem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:36 pm

As far as Pokemon goes, I agree :p I went through Rock Tunnel for the first time in the complete blackness without flash and got through it XD hahahahhaa. But old school RPGs that had mazes, I liked to do maps sometime. I just love the idea of taking notes and things. Like in the old school High Fantasy RPGs.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by JJCalem on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:40 pm

I see the value in maps, and being a logical person you would think I would make use for them...don't know though, I have always been the blindly charging ahead sort of person with mazes in video games. Eventually I find my way out or develop a system xD

Besides, getting lost can be a good way to find things Razz

Why do I have the lost woods jumping into my head now...maybe there should be some ghosts deep in the forest Razz
JJCalem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:53 pm

@JJCalem wrote:I see the value in maps, and being a logical person you would think I would make use for them...don't know though, I have always been the blindly charging ahead sort of person with mazes in video games.  Eventually I find my way out or develop a system xD
Yeah, I'm the same way. It's just those High Fantasy Medieval CRPGs that I tended to do it to. Like Shadowgate, or other random ones. Regular things like Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire and FF I wouldn't.
@JJCalem wrote:Besides, getting lost can be a good way to find things Razz
Indeed. I always explore the dead ends anyhow :p
@JJCalem wrote:Why do I have the lost woods jumping into my head now...maybe there should be some ghosts deep in the forest Razz
Ooooh that could be pretty sweet.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content