SO CONFUSED... Help download/7z/everything :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SO CONFUSED... Help download/7z/everything :(

Post by skitz_2010 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi! So I thought I'd give this game a whirl because I'm in Pokemon withdrawal waiting for a new game.

Last night I went to pokegen0 (dot) wordpress (dot) com/demo/ (sorry, new members can't post external links, but I thought it might be important for you to know which exact websites I went to), read through it, and clicked on the big blue Download Link at the bottom. It did take me to the "preview not available" page, but I clicked on the blue Download button anyway, as instructed. But what I downloaded was funny... All the instructions I'm reading talk about zipped folders, but what downloaded for me was the icon of a blank sheet of paper titled Agatha's Story v0.6.18b.7z, 389 MB from googleusercontent (dot) com. I tried to open it but couldn't because I don't have the proper app. It's not a folder, there's no extract option at all. It's just a 7Z file all by itself that I can't do anything with.

The instructions said I may need to download 7zip, so that's what I went to do, using the link provided in the instructions on the download page www (dot) 7-zip (dot) org/download (dot) html. Problem is, there's a whole list of different downloads and I had no idea which one I needed, so I turned to Google and downloaded a .exe file from cnet. I went to my Downloads folder to run the setup, but there was no Setup Wizard, just a little box with the buttons Install and Cancel. I clicked Install, a progress bar appeared and quickly filled with blue, then it was supposedly installed, but nothing happened. I tried opening the Agatha file with it, and the little box came up asking me to install it again. I've been chasing my tail and finally decided to get on here. It'll probably take a while to get a response, but I figured the authorities on the game would be here.

Guys, I swear I'm not a ditz, I can usually find my way around a computer, but I don't think I downloaded the right game file to begin with and made a trail of mistakes thereafter. Help?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 1511 64-bit on a three-year-old Dell, if that helps at all.

I'll try downloading the game again... I'm just reluctant because it took so long the first time, like three hours, and I'm not a very patient person. Wink

skitz_2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SO CONFUSED... Help download/7z/everything :(

Post by KvaGram on Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:23 am

I see.
Then the version of 7-zip you want, is the one that says
64-bit x64
Also, the instructions are a bit off. you don't need to go to the full download page for the program. The two most common downloads are on the main page 7-zip.org.

And in case you are wondering, x86 versions is for old computers. I'm talking computers from when Windows XP was a new thing.
KvaGram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KvaGram on Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:25 am

If you can't get 7-zip to work, try winrar.
It should be able to unzip it as well.

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
KvaGram

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skitz_2010 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:54 am

Success! This time after downloading and installing 7zip, there was an option to extract. Thank you!!

skitz_2010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:33 pm

Awesome. I'm glad you got it worked out Smile  Let us know what you think!  And keep an eye out for the upcoming demo update!

Problem solved, topic locked.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com