Did You Get R/B/Y on eShop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Did You Get R/B/Y on eShop?

Post by TBC on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:58 pm

Hi!

I'm so stoked that you can purchase the original Red Blue or Yellow games on the eShop for the 3DS now. PLUS they added local online multilpayer and Pokebank functionality! This means you can get R/B/Y on your 3DS, download Pokebank, and transfer to Sun/Moon when they come out! That is super exciting.

It will be a great way to help people get Alolan Forms, since they've said that if you evolve a non-Alolan form pokemon while in Alola, it will evolve into the Alolan form. Cool!

I downloaded Yellow myself Smile Aside from HG/SS(Well, G/S, but the re-makes were virtually perfect), Yellow is my favorite Pokémon game. I love how it added in some of the anime canon, brought in Pikachu walking behind you, put in the whole happiness thing with the Pikachu, and did more to make a unique adventure instead of one so open. I really enjoyed how you were set with Pikachu, rather than picking a starter.

Yellow is actually a big inspiration on Gen 0 Wink

What, if any, original game on the eShop did you get? Will you be transferring your Pokémon to Sun/Moon?

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Did You Get R/B/Y on eShop?

Post by Boynsy on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:15 am

I haven't downloaded them yet, but there is a fair chance I will when Gen 7 drops. I've actually fallen out of love a little with the first 2 gens, what with the lack of backwards compatibility and whatnot, so maybe purchasing them will reinvigorate me to what was once my favourite generation!

Boynsy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Boynsy wrote:I've actually fallen out of love a little with the first 2 gens, what with the lack of backwards compatibility and whatnot
Ah, yeah. I can understand that on an objective standpoint. But subjectively I disagree. I still love them as RPGs in general; I don't think needing to trade or get those Pokémon to the newer gens are necessary. Plus, your reason is fixed with the re-releases on R/B/Y Very Happy Pokebank allows you to transfer the Gen 1 Pokémon to Sun and Moon when it releases Very Happy

But Gen 2 is still just amazing and should be played and loved lol. It is, without a doubt, the best generation in the series. Let's hope Gen 7 surpasses it!
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Boynsy on Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:50 pm

TBC wrote:
Boynsy wrote:I've actually fallen out of love a little with the first 2 gens, what with the lack of backwards compatibility and whatnot
Ah, yeah. I can understand that on an objective standpoint. But subjectively I disagree. I still love them as RPGs in general; I don't think needing to trade or get those Pokémon to the newer gens are necessary. Plus, your reason is fixed with the re-releases on R/B/Y Very Happy  Pokebank allows you to transfer the Gen 1 Pokémon to Sun and Moon when it releases Very Happy

But Gen 2 is still just amazing and should be played and loved lol. It is, without a doubt, the best generation in the series. Let's hope Gen 7 surpasses it!

I think I've just played them to death, which is why I can't wait for Sun and Moon to come out and blow me away with new stories and creatures and all that! I guess there's going to be an abundance of Mews on the trade centre though!

Boynsy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:13 pm

Hahaha right :p

Me, too. I'm so damn stoked. I've already bought my tickets to the hype train and I'm all aboard XD If Sun/Moon carry on like they've shown, it may even surpass Gen 2 for me.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fou on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:02 pm

Honestly, I haven't bought a single game on eShop before. I have downloaded demos though. Razz

I still have my original Red, blue, and yellow games with a gameboy color that still works, so I didn't feel the need to get them again. Razz
Fou

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Fou
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Fou wrote:Honestly, I haven't bought a single game on eShop before.  I have downloaded demos though. Razz

I still have my original Red, blue, and yellow games with a gameboy color that still works, so I didn't feel the need to get them again. Razz
Wow.. You should. There's some good games on there. Plus, playing Breath of Fire on my 3DS is pretty sweet :3

Nice. But you can't take those Pokemon and put them in the Pokebank to transfer to Sun/Moon, and can't ad-hoc play with others.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down