Music. (How is it so good?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Music. (How is it so good?)

Post by Leopardmask on Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:22 pm

Can I just say that the Generation V games had pretty much the best music in the main series? I might be speaking a bit from nostalgia, but my first games were Pinball RS and PMD:BRT, and when I first played through Black I usually played with the sound low or off, so I'd like to think I'm at least a bit unbiased here. I like pretty much every track from BW/2 more than I like pretty much every track from XYORAS, which were games made for a system with much more advanced music capabilities. Maybe it's because they'd already made some DS games (which admittedly I haven't played), so they knew what they were doing with the other DS features and had room to mess around.

Also, anyone ever watch the Food Network show Good Eats? Go listen to the little intro tune for that show. Now pick up BW/2 and step into Driftveil City. It's weirdly similar.
Leopardmask

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Music. (How is it so good?)

Post by TBC on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Interesting. I found that after Gen 2, none of the music in the series really hit home to me. Gen 3 had some good stuff, and I do enjoy Y's music, but it didn't impact me the way Gen 1 and 2 did.

People can say I'm crying nostalgia, but something about the Surf music or Elite Four/Champ music from Gen 2 was just so much more substantial than anything I've heard from the succeeding games.

Like I never finding myself wanting to youtube music from Gens 3-6, but I will do so for 1 and 2 often.
@Leopardmask wrote:Also, anyone ever watch the Food Network show Good Eats? Go listen to the little intro tune for that show. Now pick up BW/2 and step into Driftveil City. It's weirdly similar.
Weird! I'll have to check that out.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:33 pm

@TBC The generation 2 music is pretty good too. Unfortunately I don't exactly have experience with all the games - mostly gen 3, 5, and 6, though I know most of the gen 1 music. Most of my other knowledge comes from Youtubers using it as background music or GlitchxCity's remixes. (Her take on Johto Route 47 is excellent though)
Leopardmask

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:00 pm

@Leopardmask wrote: or GlitchxCity's remixes. (Her take on Johto Route 47 is excellent though)
Oh yeah. Anything by GlitchxCity is good.

Here is the HG remix for surf

And here is the Lance battle music. It's fucking brilliant. There are some great ones from newer gens, but nothing beats the brilliance of the Gen 2 music and some of Gen 1. Though Gen 3 does have some great tracks, too.

I'd prolly put Gen 5 up there as well on par with Gen 3 for me. Good; def not bad. But HG/SS remixes are so UNGH.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down