My favorite Gen0 moment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My favorite Gen0 moment

Post by Leopardmask on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:15 am

In the last version that I played (which was AGES ago and I really should figure out if I've gotten the redownload right so I can play again) I found a shiny Caterpie!

I trained it up in Viridian Forest - which I got completely lost in for ages, before messaging TBC and discovering there was, in fact, a loop you could get stuck in - and kept her until I got into Pewter City. Unfortunately, Pewter City was VERY unfinished at that point, and I wandered around for a while, saved, quit. Downloaded the next update, loaded up the game... and I was stuck in a wall. VERY stuck. I had to restart my save :/
RIP Goldie. You will be missed.
Leopardmask

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My favorite Gen0 moment

Post by TheWoLFsTer on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:00 pm

I can feel that pain. I caught a shiny Golbat years ago and my brother ended up deleting my save file! I was pissed for a good while.
TheWoLFsTer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by griffinlord775 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:26 pm

R.I.P. You beautiful bug. May you find each other again soon, whether through hacks or in the wild. (I vote hacks, they're easier. Razz)

"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you." -Last Word from MTG Darksteel
griffinlord775

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:37 pm

@TheWoLFsTer Ohhh, your brother did a bad D: You have someone to blame and get mad at, rightfully... I just have myself.
Leopardmask

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:35 pm

My favorite Gen0 moment no matter how many times I watch it is Agatha being told off for not talking like a polite young lady. It never fails to incur a giggle. The second favorite is the similarity with my SoulSilver fav: having a Pokemon follow me.

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:28 pm

Leopardmask wrote: I found a shiny Caterpie!

I trained it up in Viridian Forest - which I got completely lost in for ages, before messaging TBC and discovering there was, in fact, a loop you could get stuck in -
RIP Goldie. You will be missed.
Dood I totally fucking remember this!!! I felt so bad that you got a shiny so early on when it won't last Sad But that's really cool! If we ever get like Mystery gift working or something, I'd totally make it so you could get a copy of her <3
Kyuuna wrote:My favorite Gen0 moment no matter how many times I watch it is Agatha being told off for not talking like a polite young lady. It never fails to incur a giggle. The second favorite is the similarity with my SoulSilver fav: having a Pokemon follow me.
Hahaha that's awesome Smile It was just a demo convo, but I think I'll have to keep some derivation of it Very Happy I've gotten similar comments of approval from people on it before lol.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:01 pm

TBC wrote:
Kyuuna wrote:My favorite Gen0 moment no matter how many times I watch it is Agatha being told off for not talking like a polite young lady. It never fails to incur a giggle. The second favorite is the similarity with my SoulSilver fav: having a Pokemon follow me.
Hahaha that's awesome Smile It was just a demo convo, but I think I'll have to keep some derivation of it Very Happy I've gotten similar comments of approval from people on it before lol.

XD I figured it was just the demo type deal but its still giggleworthy for sure! and I so hope you do keep some form of it as a final product! heck maybe a running gag of Agatha being told off for being so crass...

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:18 pm

I'll be sure to leave some form of it in for sure Smile

Yeah, that'd be funny :p
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:42 pm

and hilarious! would explain why she's such a crabby old woman later in life too!. I mean constantly being told to watch my mouth would get old fast XD.

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fou on Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:50 pm

Oh wow, so sorry that you lost your Goldie. I personally have never paid much attention to shiny pokemon but I do know how difficult they are to get, so I can kind of understand your pain. The closest thing I ever came close to in relations to shiny pokemon was recruiting a metal slime in DQ5. My characters were so over-leveled by the time I got one, the final boss was a cinch lol.
Fou

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Fou
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Fou wrote:Oh wow, so sorry that you lost your Goldie.  I personally have never paid much attention to shiny pokemon but I do know how difficult they are to get, so I can kind of understand your pain.  The closest thing I ever came close to in relations to shiny pokemon was recruiting a metal slime in DQ5.  My characters were so over-leveled by the time I got one, the final boss was a cinch lol.

Oh gods playing the OLD game from back when Gameboy Color was the big deal and finding those lil metal sonovas who would flee before I could end them was a PAIN.

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fou on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:07 pm

Kyuuna wrote:
Fou wrote:Oh wow, so sorry that you lost your Goldie.  I personally have never paid much attention to shiny pokemon but I do know how difficult they are to get, so I can kind of understand your pain.  The closest thing I ever came close to in relations to shiny pokemon was recruiting a metal slime in DQ5.  My characters were so over-leveled by the time I got one, the final boss was a cinch lol.

Oh gods playing the OLD game from back when Gameboy Color was the big deal and finding those lil metal sonovas who would flee before I could end them was a PAIN.

LOL yep, they definitely were a pain back then and they're still a pain now. Thankfully they're a little easier to kill nowadays with the correct equipment set up.
Fou

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:52 pm

Fou wrote:
Kyuuna wrote:

LOL yep, they definitely were a pain back then and they're still a pain now.  Thankfully they're a little easier to kill nowadays with the correct equipment set up.

Lol only marginally at times if they show up with friends who can status your team XD

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Make sure not to hi-jack his thread, guys :p   You could post in The Video Games forum to talk more about DQ :3 

Kyuuna wrote:and hilarious! would explain why she's such a crabby old woman later in life too!. I mean constantly being told to watch my mouth would get old fast XD.
Hahaha yeah :p   Though I have a much more dark reason for why she is how she is Very Happy  Twisted Evil  That's one of the big things of the story of the game, actually Very Happy
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:33 pm

Sawwy TBC will try to do better and Oooo plottiness! much mystery!

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Indeed! Pewter City is gonna be big... The first major story point happens there.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fou on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:58 pm

TBC wrote:Make sure not to hi-jack his thread, guys :p   You could post in The Video Games forum to talk more about DQ :3 

Whoops! For some reason I was thinking Kyuuna WAS the thread creator. My bad!

TBC wrote:
Indeed! Pewter City is gonna be big... The first major story point happens there.

Really looking forward to seeing it in action! I believe I remember what's supposed to happen there, but it may have changed since then. Either way it's going to be awesome. Razz
Fou

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Thawwy to you as well Fou XD n OOOO Pewter City excitement!

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:55 pm

Kyuuna wrote: OOOO Pewter City excitement!
Excitement is one way to put it... Twisted Evil
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:58 am

Uh oh lol...I dun think that evil smiley is a good sign. XD

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:53 pm

Twisted Evil
No, it's not..  You could say, It's explosive... hehe.
bounce   Laughing
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:59 pm

ah crap XD lol