Favorite pokemon moment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite pokemon moment

Post by TheWoLFsTer on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:52 pm

Since the zubat line is my favorite ever (crobat especially), catching a shiny golbat on the victory road in pokemon crystal when i was younger was probably the best thing ever!
avatar
TheWoLFsTer

Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite pokemon moment

Post by Boynsy on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Ew, Zubat! Grats on the shiny, but seriously, who likes the Zubat line?!

My hatred for them stems from the endless stream of them that you have to defeat in Red/Blue, plus the fact that they don't really learn any good moves in the early games.

Boynsy

Posts : 33
Join date : 2016-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite pokemon moment

Post by TheWoLFsTer on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Granted they were bad in the early games, I just can't get over the unique poison/flying line and Crobat is a a pretty good speedy attacker in the newer games. He's been in my team ever since I randomly evolved a Golbat in Pokemon Crystal.
avatar
TheWoLFsTer

Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite pokemon moment

Post by TBC on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:58 pm

@TheWoLFsTer wrote:Granted they were bad in the early games, I just can't get over the unique poison/flying line and Crobat is a a pretty good speedy attacker in the newer games.  He's been in my team ever since I randomly evolved a Golbat in Pokemon Crystal.
Don't worry, Wolfster, you're not alone! Yes, I was annoyed at the plethora of Zubats you fight in Gen 1, Golbat was pretty neat and Crobat is just downright awesome.

It's like the ugly duckling that turns into the pretty swan, but only when you care about it <3 hahahahaha. Once Golbat likes you, it evolves into the awesomeness of Crobat and becomes legit.

That's awesome you got a shiny, dood Smile

_________________
:Currently Playing:
ESO!!! Xbox One
*Gamertag: Okiushi
*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
avatar
TBC
Admin

Posts : 802
Join date : 2013-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Wisconsin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite pokemon moment

Post by TheWoLFsTer on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:15 pm

If only my brother didn't erase my game back then, I would still have him!
avatar
TheWoLFsTer

Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite pokemon moment

Post by Fou on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:05 pm

Awesome job catching a shiny Golbat (even though it was so late in the game. Razz ) Sorry that your brother erased your game on you. Sad I'd have to say that Crystal is bad luck (even though you had good luck in catching it, you ended up losing it), but I'm biased in that fact because the Crystal version I bought when it first came out wouldn't keep a save file at all. Have never touched Crystal since.
avatar
Fou

Posts : 113
Join date : 2013-05-19

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Fou
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite pokemon moment

Post by TheWoLFsTer on Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:10 am

My current Crystal game was doing the same thing. I just went up to a local game store, they replaced the battery and stuff and only cost me $5. Works like a charm now!
avatar
TheWoLFsTer

Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite pokemon moment

Post by Kyuuna on Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:51 pm

I think my fav pokemon moment has to be when I first played Crystal. That moment being that I actually found a shiny Magikarp after catching the 'plotline Shiny' Gyarados, opposite gender even!

Kyuuna

Posts : 63
Join date : 2016-07-01
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite pokemon moment

Post by Fou on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:56 pm

@TheWoLFsTer wrote:My current Crystal game was doing the same thing.  I just went up to a local game store, they replaced the battery and stuff and only cost me $5. Works like a charm now!
Hmm.... I'll have to try that out.  Didn't think about that.  Do you think GameStop would do it, or would it have to be a "local" store?
avatar
Fou

Posts : 113
Join date : 2013-05-19

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Fou
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite pokemon moment

Post by TBC on Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:43 pm

@TheWoLFsTer wrote:If only my brother didn't erase my game back then, I would still have him!
Damn, that sucks Sad  I've lost many a save file due to poopy reasons.  The one time someone else messed up my Pokemon, though, was when I was making my team of level 100 baby Pokemon and had a 96 Teddiursa and my friend freaking evolved it when I borrowed it to him.... He had an everstone for a reason, WILLIAM!  *coughs* lol. 
@Kyuuna wrote:I think my fav pokemon moment has to be when I first played Crystal. That moment being that I actually found a shiny Magikarp after catching the 'plotline Shiny' Gyarados, opposite gender even!
Sweet! Feel fee to post your own thread on that Smile 
@Fou wrote:
@TheWoLFsTer wrote:My current Crystal game was doing the same thing.  I just went up to a local game store, they replaced the battery and stuff and only cost me $5. Works like a charm now!
Hmm.... I'll have to try that out.  Didn't think about that.  Do you think GameStop would do it, or would it have to be a "local" store?
Ooh that's pretty cool. I'd suggest calling around, Fou. If I still had my old games I'd prolly do that. But I was a bad kid for keeping track of stuff lol. Moving all the time doesn't help either.
avatar
TBC
Admin

Posts : 802
Join date : 2013-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Wisconsin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite pokemon moment

Post by Kyuuna on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:32 pm

Lol was just about to actually but then my birthday distracted me XD.

Kyuuna

Posts : 63
Join date : 2016-07-01
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite pokemon moment

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum