Favorite Pokemon moment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Pokemon moment

Post by griffinlord775 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:05 pm

I haven't been able to play the Gen 0 games recently, what with College breathing down my neck, but I will never forget trading my Infernape from Pokemon Diamond to HeartGold and being able to walk with it. It was fantastic and I just kept talking to it over and over again because, I mean come on! I was 11 at the time and didn't have many friends, so being able to see my partner come out of his pokeball for the first time was truly amazing.

_________________
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." -Countess, Act 1 Scene 1 - All's Well that Ends Well by William Shakespeare

"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you." -Last Word from MTG Darksteel
avatar
griffinlord775

Posts : 16
Join date : 2016-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Pokemon moment

Post by TheWoLFsTer on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Those two games were truly amazing and it is a shame that they haven't reused that mechanic. It is nice how Gen 0 is going that route, but I just wish Gamefreak would follow suit!.
avatar
TheWoLFsTer

Posts : 8
Join date : 2016-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Pokemon moment

Post by griffinlord775 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:21 pm

@TheWoLFsTer wrote:Those two games were truly amazing and it is a shame that they haven't reused that mechanic.  It is nice how Gen 0 is going that route, but I just wish Gamefreak would follow suit!.

Yeah, I agree. I think the reason they haven't done it again is because of something they themselves said. They want at least one thing that is unique to each game. So, for Pokemon R/B/Y, it was the very first game. The Benchmark. The second game, Pokemon G/S let you walk with your pokemon. The third game, R/S/E introduced the battle frontier. D/P/Pt expanded this and also started more work with 3D-esque sprites. Black and White expanded the 3D Sprite stuff and also introduced seasonal pokemon and events. B2/W2 had the PWT (which was AMAZING) and then X/Y added Mega-Evolution and Customization. Now, we have Sun and Moon which traded out the idea of eight gyms instead to four and just made them a little more challenging. (I can't say much, because I haven't gotten to play the new game yet >.>)

Each pokemon game has something that we haven't seen before and may never see again, which is why each game is also unique and therefore has a reason to go back and play through them again.

_________________
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." -Countess, Act 1 Scene 1 - All's Well that Ends Well by William Shakespeare

"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you." -Last Word from MTG Darksteel
avatar
griffinlord775

Posts : 16
Join date : 2016-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Pokemon moment

Post by DoodleWaluigi on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:54 pm

They have found models for a walking mechanic in Pokémon Sun/Moon! Maybe if we get a third version on the Switch!!! ✋

DoodleWaluigi

Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Pokemon moment

Post by griffinlord775 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:10 pm

@DoodleWaluigi wrote:They have found models for a walking mechanic in Pokémon Sun/Moon! Maybe if we get a third version on the Switch!!! ✋

Perhaps that's true, but it's still unclear on if the switch will be a console or portable system. Either way, if walking does come back then that leaves no reason to play HeartGold or SoulSilver anymore. I don't think they're gonna implement it personally, and it may have been something for a pokemon snap sort of deal too. Either way, I don't think walking is gonna return anytime soon.

_________________
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." -Countess, Act 1 Scene 1 - All's Well that Ends Well by William Shakespeare

"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you." -Last Word from MTG Darksteel
avatar
griffinlord775

Posts : 16
Join date : 2016-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Pokemon moment

Post by DoodleWaluigi on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:24 pm

@griffinlord775 wrote:
@DoodleWaluigi wrote:They have found models for a walking mechanic in Pokémon Sun/Moon! Maybe if we get a third version on the Switch!!! ✋

Perhaps that's true, but it's still unclear on if the switch will be a console or portable system. Either way, if walking does come back then that leaves no reason to play HeartGold or SoulSilver anymore. I don't think they're gonna implement it personally, and it may have been something for a pokemon snap sort of deal too. Either way, I don't think walking is gonna return anytime soon.


The switch is both!

DoodleWaluigi

Posts : 9
Join date : 2016-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Pokemon moment

Post by TBC on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:11 pm

@griffinlord775 wrote:I just kept talking to it over and over again because, I mean come on! I was 11 at the time and didn't have many friends, so being able to see my partner come out of his pokeball for the first time was truly amazing.
No shame there  cheers  Hell, on Moon I talk to my Pokemon during and after the fight when I'm petting them XD hahahaha.  I do a similar thing in certain RPGs. I will like pretend the characters are talking to each other and add in more to the in between times that aren't normally there. I'm insane, so that's just me :p  But it's fun hahaha.
@TheWoLFsTer wrote:Those two games were truly amazing and it is a shame that they haven't reused that mechanic.  It is nice how Gen 0 is going that route, but I just wish Gamefreak would follow suit!.
Thank you Smile  With Gold/Silver HG/SS being the best games in the series (Sorry Sun/Moon, you're the best since them but you don't pass em quite yet), I wanted to do something big from them that I really enjoyed.  It'd be nice if Gamefreak did it again. Though, it would be very difficult now that they are going the more realistically sized route. Like how would they get Dragonite and Steelix to fit correctly in proportion to a Floette walking with you?  There's a lot of concession with the size of the Pokemon coming with you. They'd have to like force certain Pokemon to not be able to do so, pretty much, if they kept the graphics so nice as they have been.
@griffinlord775 wrote:
@DoodleWaluigi wrote:They have found models for a walking mechanic in Pokémon Sun/Moon! Maybe if we get a third version on the Switch!!! ✋

Perhaps that's true, but it's still unclear on if the switch will be a console or portable system. Either way, if walking does come back then that leaves no reason to play HeartGold or SoulSilver anymore. I don't think they're gonna implement it personally, and it may have been something for a pokemon snap sort of deal too. Either way, I don't think walking is gonna return anytime soon.
That's cool, Waluigi! Do you have a source?
It's actually quite clear as to what the Switch is. It's a hybrid console. A full game system that can be experienced as a home console gaming system, or be taken on the go and experienced in the same-or-nearly the same fidelity as when it is docked. It's a hybrid mobile/home console Smile The trailer makes this super clear.

Also, I disagree on the walking mechanic in regards to your reasoning. I have my reasoning as to why I think it may not return, that I stated above. However, walking behind your Pokemon wasn't a thing in Gold/Silver. It originated in Yellow, so if they really wanted to keep the motif of one unique feature per like generation or game, they'd have expanded on that in the remake of the originals. They then added that feature to HG/SS when it was in D/P/P.

Just like Trainer customization was a thing in X/Y. Unique for the series, yes, and they took it out of OR/AS(but that's because you are playing two specifically pre-designed people) but they brought it back in Sun/Moon and expanded upon it greatly.

So they have not set a precedent that leads to what you posit. By that, they very well could add in the walking mechanic to Pokemon Stars or something. But, personally, I don't think they would due to the aforementioned sizing issues and stuff.

_________________
:Currently Playing:
ESO!!! Xbox One
*Gamertag: Okiushi
*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
avatar
TBC
Admin

Posts : 802
Join date : 2013-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Wisconsin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Pokemon moment

Post by griffinlord775 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:22 am

The reason I said what I did was because I may have been remembering wrong, but there was an interview with some game developer a while back where they talked about shelving ideas that wouldn't work for a game at that time to use it later. Of course, I'm probably remembering wrong, but if someone finds that interview that I'm mentioning (not that I'm helping because I literally don't remember anything else about it) you should totally shoot it to me so I can refresh.

_________________
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." -Countess, Act 1 Scene 1 - All's Well that Ends Well by William Shakespeare

"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you." -Last Word from MTG Darksteel
avatar
griffinlord775

Posts : 16
Join date : 2016-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Pokemon moment

Post by TBC on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Ah, alright. Yeah it just seems unlikely with the myriad of giganctic Pokemon. They'd have to block out a lot of them or something.
avatar
TBC
Admin

Posts : 802
Join date : 2013-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Wisconsin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Pokemon moment

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum