Favorite Creative Moment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Creative Moment

Post by griffinlord775 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Alright, this could be a pretty short story, but a year ago, during NaNoWriMo, my friend was doing some writing sprints and wanted me to join her. Of course, I wanted to get some writing done for myself, so I said yes and we headed off. Each sprint took ten minutes, but for the first two or so, I had trouble thinking of an idea. I knew I wanted to do something involving things like Muskets and Blunderbuss, but in a more fantasy setting. I wanted to put it to a name, but there wasn't one, so I decided to just come up with it myself.

For the next 18 minutes, I sprinted to a ten minute short story about a girl assassin and her dragon. It's called, uncreatively, Guns and Dragons. I'll post a copy in the original writing section of the forums, but I consider it a success. Mostly because I've been punched and cried at over the ending. I also threw it into a "who do you write like" program and it came up with Shakespeare. I personally don't understand why, but if you think you understand, let me know because I really can't see it.

"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you." -Last Word from MTG Darksteel
griffinlord775

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Creative Moment

Post by DoodleWaluigi on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:01 pm

I just went and read the story in Writers Unite. It was really good!

DoodleWaluigi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by griffinlord775 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:17 pm

Thank you! I'm very proud of how it came out and I think it's one of my best works to date.

"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you." -Last Word from MTG Darksteel
griffinlord775

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:21 pm

@griffinlord775 wrote:Alright, this could be a pretty short story,
It was plenty good for length :p All that matters with this stuff is that it's shared from the heart ^_^

@griffinlord775 wrote:I'll post a copy in the original writing section of the forums, but I consider it a success. Mostly because I've been punched and cried at over the ending. I also threw it into a "who do you write like" program and it came up with Shakespeare. I personally don't understand why, but if you think you understand, let me know because I really can't see it.
That's awesome! When I get some time this weekend I'll be sure to read it. Maybe this will be the kick in the butt I need to finish my short story 'The Choice'. I have some poems I've written as well. I may share those... Just quite personal lol.

There's a who you write like program?!?!?!!!! Oh my gosh, I must use/see this.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by griffinlord775 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:28 pm

The program is at iwl(dot)me

You copy and paste a work you did into the box and just hit enter. It'll evaluate what kind of language you used, sentence structure and anything else to tell you who you write most like.

griffinlord775

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:44 pm

That's so cool. Thanks!

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by griffinlord775 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Np my dude!

griffinlord775

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:23 pm

Ooooh. Could be cool for a topic where we share some writing and what the site picks for who we write like Very Happy  I'll do that at some point.. Gotta find what to put up though.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down