My favorite Pokémon memory.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My favorite Pokémon memory.

Post by DoodleWaluigi on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:20 pm

So back in Pokémon Fire Red I found my first ever shiny Pokémon. I was going through the Cinnabar Island Pokémon Mansion on my way to find the secret key. Well a wild encounter started and there it was my first shiny! Raticate! From then on my Raticate has moved from gen to gen going from:
Fire Red -> Pearl -> Platinum -> Soul Silver -> White -> Y -> Omega Ruby -> and soon it will be making a vacation to the Alola region to see some new Alolan Raticates! I love Raticate and it was there on amie when Sun/Moon was announced! I'm so happy I found it 7 games ago!

DoodleWaluigi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My favorite Pokémon memory.

Post by griffinlord775 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Woah! Your first shiny is absolutely an amazing memory! I wish I could say I have the same memory, but I actually have yet to encounter a shiny pokemon. Neutral Be careful, though! I hear a lot of the Alolan Raticate are feral! Razz

"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you." -Last Word from MTG Darksteel
griffinlord775

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoodleWaluigi on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:48 pm

Don't worry you'll find one! Sun/Moon has those SOS encounters which makes it 100% easier! You can look on Reddit for SOS battle shiny chaining!

DoodleWaluigi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boynsy on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:03 pm

I got my first ever shiny a few years back on Ruby... it was a Mawile. It's still chilling on Ruby, waiting for me to finish that Dex before I send it onwards.

Since then, I've only caught a Hariyama in Alpha Sapphire, but surely I've got to be due another one soon!

Boynsy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DoodleWaluigi on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:26 pm

Boynsy wrote:I got my first ever shiny a few years back on Ruby... it was a Mawile. It's still chilling on Ruby, waiting for me to finish that Dex before I send it onwards.

Since then, I've only caught a Hariyama in Alpha Sapphire, but surely I've got to be due another one soon!

I'm at 22 shinies! Sun and Moon being even easier to catch them I can't wait to find more!

DoodleWaluigi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boynsy on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:19 am

DoodleWaluigi wrote:
Boynsy wrote:I got my first ever shiny a few years back on Ruby... it was a Mawile. It's still chilling on Ruby, waiting for me to finish that Dex before I send it onwards.

I'm at 22 shinies! Sun and Moon being even easier to catch them I can't wait to find more!

Ugh, I'm so close to getting my shiny charm and then I'll start shiny hunting. I need about 25 more and then the AlolaDex is done, just a shame that they're the hardest ones to get!

Boynsy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:19 pm

DoodleWaluigi wrote:So back in Pokémon Fire Red I found my first ever shiny Pokémon. I was going through the Cinnabar Island Pokémon Mansion on my way to find the secret key. Well a wild encounter started and there it was my first shiny! Raticate! From then on my Raticate has moved from gen to gen going from:
Fire Red -> Pearl -> Platinum -> Soul Silver -> White -> Y -> Omega Ruby -> and soon it will be making a vacation to the Alola region to see some new Alolan Raticates! I love Raticate and it was there on amie when Sun/Moon was announced! I'm so happy I found it 7 games ago!
That's an awesome memory Smile I remember, the first shiny I found was a Spinarak in the original Gold version. But I don't remember what happened to him Sad I just remember the first night of playing in bed with my friend in 4th grade geeking out over all the new and wondrous stuff.

Then.... And I feel bad for the romhack because this single experience killed my motivation to play it. But I was playing Blaze Black and on the first fucking route before I have Pokeballs I ran into a shiny Starly >.< Ugh!
DoodleWaluigi wrote:Don't worry you'll find one! Sun/Moon has those SOS encounters which makes it 100% easier! You can look on Reddit for SOS battle shiny chaining!
That's how I got my newest one, Sudowoodo!!!! I did the SOS chains and got Bonsly after like 30 freaking minutes! Aaaaaaaaand now I've been hunting that damn Trollull(I'm naming that fucker that when I get him) for over 10 days now though >.>

So while SOS is easier overall..... It can still take time... lol.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down