Favorite moment of Soulsilver or Heart Gold?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite moment of Soulsilver or Heart Gold?

Post by Kyuuna on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:03 pm

I've been a Pokemon gamer  since gen one, way back when Pokemon Yellow: Pikachu Edition was a thing. That joy of Pikachu following me and letting me communicate with him was something I missed in the other games between the old Gameboy Color versions on up to Soulsilver and Heartgold. Though the remixes of the Johto Journeys increased my joy with the addition of -any- Pokemon following me. Out of all of em though my fav moment was my amazement at something the size of Lugia following me into the Pokemon center.

What would some of you other's fav instances/moments in Soulsilver or even HeartGold be?

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite moment of Soulsilver or Heart Gold?

Post by TBC on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:31 pm

That's awesome Very Happy   My favorite moment had to be when I first talked to Silver outside of the Pokemon Lab. Just getting all of those memories back and seeing them so much more beautifully was amazing. 

Aaaaaand then that jackas ian stole it >.> I'll get it again someday!

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by parallels on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:42 am

I have been in love with the Pokémon series since I was four. I remember watching my brother playing Pokémon Red which was then followed by Silver. It was fascinating to watch him play and I grew to wanting to try to play the game as well (Even though I accidentally deleted his progress once Lmao). In reality Silver was my first Pokémon game to really own and begin my journey as a Pokémon trainer. It was quite an adventure and despite the fact I couldn't understand English then, nothing kept me back from playing. Now, after fifteen years I can say that SoulSilver and HeartGold brought some aspects in which we were all looking for. Interacting with your Pokémon and walking around with them was something I always wanted to see in the games themselves. Going back to SoulSilver brings my childhood memories back to life, all that excitement of having your starter and moving on to an incredible journey of dark and also bright places. But in overall, my favorite aspects of the game itself would be the Pokémon walking, and the soundtrack itself.

We come back like we never left home.
parallels

Trainer Card
Trainer Name::
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:24 pm

@parallels wrote:I have been in love with the Pokémon series since I was four. I remember watching my brother playing Pokémon Red which was then followed by Silver. It was fascinating to watch him play and I grew to wanting to try to play the game as well (Even though I accidentally deleted his progress once Lmao). In reality Silver was my first Pokémon game to really own and begin my journey as a Pokémon trainer. It was quite an adventure and despite the fact I couldn't understand English then, nothing kept me back from playing. Now, after fifteen years I can say that SoulSilver and HeartGold brought some aspects in which we were all looking for. Interacting with your Pokémon and walking around with them was something I always wanted to see in the games themselves. Going back to SoulSilver brings my childhood memories back to life, all that excitement of having your starter and moving on to an incredible journey of dark and also bright places. But in overall, my favorite aspects of the game itself would be the Pokémon walking, and the soundtrack itself.

Oh yeah the sound track is something else definitely! I loved having that radio option to change the tune when I wanted instead of it changing with every town I went to XD.

@TBC wrote:That's awesome Very Happy   My favorite moment had to be when I first talked to Silver outside of the Pokemon Lab. Just getting all of those memories back and seeing them so much more beautifully was amazing. 

Aaaaaand then that jackas ian stole it >.> I'll get it again someday!

Fun Fact: I always thought Silver was the dude character you could choose to play as not the red headed prat XD. *pats* You will definitely find the joy of Soulsilver once more someday.

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:28 pm

The soundtrack was glorious. I remember just sitting in the water and letting the surf music play for like ever

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:36 pm

True fact time, I actually nodded off myself when in the backseat of my folks car listening to the pokemon lullaby. Thanks to Soulsilver on my DS when I meant to use it to keep the pokemon off me while I was headed to a family party once. Most embarrassing wake up EVAH XD.

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:25 pm

@Kyuuna wrote:True fact time, I actually nodded off myself when in the backseat of my folks car listening to the pokemon lullaby. Thanks to Soulsilver on my DS when I meant to use it to keep the pokemon off me while I was headed to a family party once. Most embarrassing wake up EVAH XD.
Hahahaha that's cute :p

I'd say I got ya beat on that... XD I watched some scary movies the night before at my brother's house, right? I am a very emotional and empathetic person, and I get into scary movies a lot. I like them, but they also scare me.

So like if I watch something and then when I want to sleep my mind wanders into darker areas... I like to watch something nice before I sleep. Well, I decided to watch some Arthur hahaha. My Sister-in-law found me on the couch with Arthur still playing on the laptop when she woke me up XD hahaha
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:43 pm

Oh my TBC, did she ever let you live that down?. I feel you on the needing to watch something not bad before sleep if I watched a scary or mindscrewy movie. I have to watch cute Youtube vids after something like Sinister or The Nightmare on Elm Street series.

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:51 am

It's gonna sound a bit cliché, but it has a bit of a backstory to it.

So, been a Pokémon gamer ever since the first Red/Blue versions, but I never got to own Silver/Gold/Crystal by myself. All I ever did with it was help a friend of mine beat the first two gym leaders. Then, I got Fire Red and Emerald, and I avoided spoilers of Gen2 LIKE THE PEST because I knew remakes would eventually come by.
Managed to reach second place in an epic Mario Kart tournament and used a Coupon I got as a prize to buy Mario Galaxy 2 and Soulsilver. FINALLY, my adventure in teh Jotho Region, which I could only admire from afar, had begun.

So I had an amazing time with it, and I would've selected "first encounter witha Team Rocket Grunt" as my favorite moment (because I had no idea they had their own theme song, and I happen to love it) if it wasn't for one thing.
Red.

Because yes, I didn't even KNOW he was in the games, so when I climbed up Mt.Silver and saw me, or rather the character I controlled in Fire Red, I was... surprised, to say the least. Then I got destroyed by his Pikachu and came back a few month later with a team of level 85 'mons.
And what can I say? I'm a battle-hungry dude. This was one of the single most enjoyable battle I ever had - not as much as the battle I had with Green/Blue, but not far behind. It ended with his Snorlax fighting against my Scizor.

Loved it.

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Glyph
Region: Unova
Friend Code: Pokemon Showdown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:03 am

@Tortwag wrote:It's gonna sound a bit cliché, but it has a bit of a backstory to it.

So, been a Pokémon gamer ever since the first Red/Blue versions,  but I never got to own Silver/Gold/Crystal by myself. All I ever did with it was help a friend of mine beat the first two gym leaders. Then, I got Fire Red and Emerald, and I avoided spoilers of Gen2 LIKE THE PEST because I knew remakes would eventually come by.
Managed to reach second place in an epic Mario Kart tournament and used a Coupon I got as a prize to buy Mario Galaxy 2 and Soulsilver. FINALLY, my adventure in teh Jotho Region, which I could only admire from afar, had begun.

So I had an amazing time with it, and I would've selected "first encounter witha  Team Rocket Grunt" as my favorite moment (because I had no idea they had their own theme song, and I happen to love it) if it wasn't for one thing.
Red.

Because yes, I didn't even KNOW he was in the games, so when I climbed up Mt.Silver and saw me, or rather the character I controlled in Fire Red, I was... surprised, to say the least. Then I got destroyed by his Pikachu and came back a few month later with a team of level 85 'mons.
And what can I say? I'm a battle-hungry dude. This was one of the single most enjoyable battle I ever had - not as much as the battle I had with Green/Blue, but not far behind. It ended with his Snorlax fighting against my Scizor.

Loved it.

Heh yeah it is a bit 'what the hey? ohcrap!' inducing when you run into Red XD its the same fer me back on Crystal after I got to that point the first time. I may have been a -little- nuttier though if it makes you feel better...I trained till my whole team were lvl 100's then stormed him after he trashed me the first time. Funny enough I ran into Jesse n James in Yellow n had quite the giggle at that lol.

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tortwag on Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:20 pm

@Kyuuna wrote:
@Tortwag wrote:It's gonna sound a bit cliché, but it has a bit of a backstory to it.

So, been a Pokémon gamer ever since the first Red/Blue versions,  but I never got to own Silver/Gold/Crystal by myself. All I ever did with it was help a friend of mine beat the first two gym leaders. Then, I got Fire Red and Emerald, and I avoided spoilers of Gen2 LIKE THE PEST because I knew remakes would eventually come by.

So I had an amazing time with it, and I would've selected "first encounter witha  Team Rocket Grunt" as my favorite moment (because I had no idea they had their own theme song, and I happen to love it) if it wasn't for one thing.
Red.

Loved it.

Heh yeah it is a bit 'what the hey? ohcrap!' inducing when you run into Red XD its the same fer me back on Crystal after I got to that point the first time. I may have been a -little- nuttier though if it makes you feel better...I trained till my whole team were lvl 100's then stormed him after he trashed me the first time. Funny enough I ran into Jesse n James in Yellow n had quite the giggle at that lol.

But there's something I never understood with that.

...What's the point? ← Legit curiosity.
By that I mean that the reason why I trained my team to level 85 is 'cause I saw his Pikachu at level 88. But if you bring in a level 100 team, you're basically going to destroy him in mere seconds and it's not going to be challenging at all. The 'mons aren't even gonna get any exp out of it. So... Yeah.
But I mean, at least Red came back in Black/White 2's Pokemon World Tournament, and this time around everybody's reduced to lv50 no matter what, so you get a fair fight. He got even stronger, too.

Yes, I  have Yellow and met them there as well. It was fun XD

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Glyph
Region: Unova
Friend Code: Pokemon Showdown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:51 pm

@Tortwag wrote:
@Kyuuna wrote:

Red.

Loved it.

But there's something I never understood with that.

...What's the point? ← Legit curiosity.
By that I mean that the reason why I trained my team to level 85 is 'cause I saw his Pikachu at level 88. But if you bring in a level 100 team, you're basically going to destroy him in mere seconds and it's not going to be challenging at all. The 'mons aren't even gonna get any exp out of it. So... Yeah.
But I mean, at least Red came back in Black/White 2's Pokemon World Tournament, and this time around everybody's reduced to lv50 no matter what, so you get a fair fight. He got even stronger, too.

Yes, I  have Yellow and met them there as well. It was fun XD

Ok shoulda clarified...I am a tiny bit of a sore loser n wanted to swarm him eheh.

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:00 pm

@Kyuuna wrote:Ok shoulda clarified...I am a tiny bit of a sore loser n wanted to swarm him eheh.
Bahahahaha.

And yeah, I absolutely loved the battle with Red. It was a surprise for me, too, since I was in like 4th grade at the time. Mylanta it was amazing. That music.... ungh
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyuuna on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:02 pm

For reals though he was worse than the elite four n the champ XD

Kyuuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum