Favorite (or least favorite depending how you look at it) Gen0 experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite (or least favorite depending how you look at it) Gen0 experience

Post by Fou on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:13 pm

Let me just say right now that I'm a complete idiot. :p

Also, there's potential spoilers here as well as it talks about the first gym.

Normally when I play pokemon games, I have a tendency to try and catch everything that I can and keep my levels of all pokemon close to the same level (especially in the beginning of the game).  I usually level my team up to at least level 10 before even thinking about the gym battle.  Now, I did the same thing for Gen0 and got what I was thinking would be the best team to use (wrong).  
I had heard about the "trick" of the gym.:

I knew that I would probably have to start all over again if I wanted to gain experience.  I knew that I was going to be in for lots of headaches.  But I entered anyway and got my butt handed to me over and over and over again.  And I had completely forgot that I do NOT want to bring Gastly with me. Razz

Last edited by TBC on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Use spoiler tags if it's a spoiler :p)
Fou

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Fou
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite (or least favorite depending how you look at it) Gen0 experience

Post by TBC on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:35 pm

Hahaha that's great. XD I'm glad to see some of my curve balls are working Wink I have more in store.... Hehehe.

My favorite moment was actually someone noticing that the Hiker on Route 1 changes dialogue if you talk to him while the diglett next to him is popping up. He sent me an email I think and was so excited about noticing that and loved that I filled that possibility space.

While the diglett aren't there again at the moment, I have plans to implement em again Very Happy

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fou on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:30 pm

Looking forward to more curve balls. Razz I rage quit a few times and plan on being better prepared when I test out the most recent demo. Razz

Wait... the text changed if there were digletts visible? I never noticed that! You should definitely put more things like that in! That sounds awesome and I'm mad at myself for missing it!
Fou

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:39 pm

@Fou wrote:Looking forward to more curve balls. Razz I rage quit a few times and plan on being better prepared when I test out the most recent demo. Razz
Perrrrrrfect  Twisted Evil  hahahaha. And yeah. It definitely is going to require some strategy. In the next update I plan on doing some more... things.. to gyms Smile That's all I'll ever say about it; gonna let people find out that on their own heehee.
@Fou wrote:Wait... the text changed if there were digletts visible?  I never noticed that!  You should definitely put more things like that in!  That sounds awesome and I'm mad at myself for missing it!
There actually are more things like that in the game already XD In quite a few places, you'll find more out when doing something at a different time of day, talking to someone from a different direction, during certain conditions etc.  I have quite an extensive list of those small things lol.

But yeah I'll add em back in sometime soon Smile  They were just a huge point of a lot of bugs and things for a time. But I recently thought of a better way of doing the event, I think.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fou on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:20 am

Sweet. I guess I'm going to need to do a much better job looking around at things when I do my next playthrough.

Ah, so THAT'S what was causing the bug issue that took a long time to figure out. Razz Good idea to take it out then. Hopefully it doesn't cause problems when it is put back in.
Fou

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:59 pm

@Fou wrote:Ah, so THAT'S what was causing the bug issue that took a long time to figure out. Razz  Good idea to take it out then.  Hopefully it doesn't cause problems when it is put back in.
Yeah :p It kept causing more and more new issues every time I fixed the previous one lol.

I think I miiiiiight be able to use a common event for it, though.. I'll have to sit down with it again sometime. It's hard to keep the randomness while not lagging and causing black-screens with parallel process events still running UNGH. lol
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down