Some bugs I found.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some bugs I found.

Post by Pokemiah on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:50 pm

I just booted up the game and already found some bugs. Some could be intentional but I'm making sure every base is covered.

Bugs:
1. This bug is the biggest one. In full screen mode in a dark area the screen isn't centered around Agatha for some strange odd reason. Could be a problem with the screen overlays in full screen as there is some trees visible on the right side. This issue does not occur on any other screen size.
2. When running the pixels have trouble keeping up to the screen. Just a minor update issue.
3. There's a house in Pewter City on the upper layer where if you go downstairs there is an invisible wall blocking the way in all directions. Correct me if this is intentional and not a big.
4. You phase through the floor when standing on the floor pattern in Pewter City's upper layer. Probably a layering issue.
5. If you walk to the right of those outdoor mini stairs in Pewter City you can go through the wall to the other side.
6?. I noticed it still uses the Viridan City PC boxes while in Pewter City but I'm pretty sure it's just a lack of implementation thus far for that.

That should be every thing I found upon the around 40 minutes I played of the closed demo. I do like some of the new customization options though but this would be the wrong thread to talk about those.

EDIT:
I booted up the game and I found more bugs in Pewter City so I'm putting these new bugs here:
7. You can on the suspension rope of the bridge on the bottom side and cross it all the way to the other side.
8. On one of the ends of the bridge if you go down from the top side to where the bridge you can go under it. This also allows you to the lower layer of Pewter City without going through the cave just by going straight under the bridge. You can go back up the same way. It can occur from either end.

EDIT #2:
I forgot two bug from yesterday but they're pretty minor.
9. Nurse Joy faces backwards when giving you back your Pokémon.
10. I noticed this on all other previous releases but the Pokeballs aren't aligned right on the Pokémon Center's machine.
If I find any more bugs I'll put it in another edit section.

Pokemiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some bugs I found.

Post by TBC on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:16 am

Pokemiah wrote:1. This bug is the biggest one. In full screen mode in a dark area the screen isn't centered around Agatha for some strange odd reason. Could be a problem with the screen overlays in full screen as there is some trees visible on the right side. This issue does not occur on any other screen size.
2. When running the pixels have trouble keeping up to the screen. Just a minor update issue.
These are issues with the Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit and not with something in Gen 0 that I am able to fix :/ As with things like that, we keep an eye out for when a fix could come, but it's usually just waiting for an update on the Essentials Kit itself for stuff like that.

Pokemiah wrote:Pewter City stuff
Thanks for that Smile How were you able to get to Pewter City in 40 minutes, though? It seems like there would need to be some more time needed to get to Pewter City from the start. Did you start a new file or did you load a previous one?

Also, I was looking for bugs more in the rest of the game, as Pewter is largely placeholder right now before I fully start developing in it. Though not to say what you found isn't helpful; it will be a great starting point for what I should look for when I get to Pewter City.

I just am more in need of the bugs up to and including Viridian Forest, as well as feedback on the balance of the game and whatnot.

But yeah, Pewter City ones are still helpful Smile Just please keep an eye out for the rest of the area, and start a new game if you already had a saved file.

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokemiah on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:25 am

I was using a previous save file that was already in Pewter City. And last time I was on the game I was heading back to Viridian City for further testing purposes but those new trainers are making back travel hard. But it's definitely a lot more lively than the public demo. I never expected a trainer who could move at sonic speed while having a spasm at the end of Viridian Forest. (He wasn't actually moving at sonic speed but it was definitely the fastest NPC I ever seen in a Pokémon game). But I was working on getting there though.

Pokemiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:22 pm

Wellllll all of your bug reports are unreliable now. It needs to be a new file. That is why I said I need balance feedback and whatnot with Viridian Forest. I changed stuff back to the opening of the game and KvaGram and I have done a lot of coding update and stuff, so a lot of crashes and bugs and things will occur with trying to use an old file. It defeats the purpose to test and get feedback when using an old file.

Balance means nothing when you already went through it. Those trainers are meant to be encountered when going *to* Pewter City.

I'll have to check the sonic speed guy... I don't recall him. Lol. May have been a hiccup on his speed.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokemiah on Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:30 pm

Oh didn't realize old files could cause problems. I'll start a new file next time I boot the game then for more accurate results then. Thanks for letting me know that. I'm still a bit of a newbie when it comes to alpha/beta testing.

Pokemiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:38 pm

Hahaha that's alright. Yeah, when it's in Alpha and updates are happening to core coding things and to events early on, you gotta start over lol.

Like there are a lot of updates to early conversations, gameplay flow and all of that. So it's important to get untainted testing.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokemiah on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:41 pm

Thanks for your input. I shall keep this in mind throughout the duration of the closed alpha test both current and possibly future. Plus, it's an excellent excuse to rename my Meowth lol.

Pokemiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokemiah on Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:05 pm

I restarted and I found a huge bug already at the very start. If you go down in Agatha's room on the side of the potted plant there is a warp to Viridian Forest near a trainer named Belle. This makes it possible to get there without a Pokémon and if a battle ensues the game crashes. In unrelated news there's also weird lines around all my game objects in the over world but I think that's just part of the incorrect full screen aligning I was talking about because it started after I exited full screen mode the first time but anyway that Secret warp is the main problem and needs to be taken care of.

Pokemiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:55 pm

That's not so much a glitch as an oversight. I have a lot of testing events I put in the game and forgot one in there :p I'd suggest re-starting and skipping over that tile. I'll be working on another closed demo here this weekend Smile Sunday-Monday is my weekend :p
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokemiah on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Ok I see. I already restarted a couple of times after discovering that oversight because it wouldn't let me open the menu until I got the journal/pokedex. I haven't found anything else thus far this demo release but I'll definitely look forward to the next closed demo. Looking back that far I think I overreacted when I found the oversight. Oh well. At least it's reported.

Pokemiah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:41 pm

Pokemiah wrote:Looking back that far I think I overreacted when I found the oversight. Oh well. At least it's reported.
A weeee bit Razz I love you

Okay. If you don't find any other bugs, please be sure to give feedback in general on balance, constructive criticisms, etc. and any suggestions you have in the appropriate forums. As a part of testing, playing from the start and making it to Pewter City from the start is what is needed.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pokemiah on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Ok. Will do.

Pokemiah