A story suggestion or two...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A story suggestion or two...

Post by Ciggy5 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:46 pm

So, I've been thinking about some possible story links from present-day Pokemon to the time of Oak and Agatha's youth and came up with a couple ideas I really like and would like to share with you.

First is the method of teaching moves to Pokemon. It's been alluded to in the past that Trainers taught their Pokemon moves via instruction manuals. Seeing as how you have shown an interest in incorporating books in the game, why not use these manuals? These books would have names like "TI" and "HI" for "Technical Instructions" and "Hidden Instructions" (a play on the current "TM" and "HM" for "Technical Machine" and "Hidden Machine").

Second is Oak's encountering Ho-Oh early in his travels. Oak claims to have encountered a "rainbow-colored Pokemon early in [his] travels." Now, this is a little far-fetched, but what if he sees Ho-Oh at separate points of his journey, to which he actually battles and captures Ho-Oh, but releases it due to some sort of moral struggle, and promises a possible witness or even just himself he'd never tell the story to anyone? As I said, far-fetched, but not a bad concept.

Anyway, I hope you like these ideas because, for the originality of this game, I have millions!

- Chris A.K.A Ciggy5

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Ciggy
Region: Johto
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A story suggestion or two...

Post by TBC on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:47 pm

I just want to let you know I've seen your post and skimmed it over. I'll definitely read it more and reply to you in full soon ^_^

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciggy5 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:09 pm

No problem, captain.

Last edited by TBC on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Only one signature showing per page of a topic ~TBC)
Ciggy5

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Ciggy
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:05 am

Ciggy5 wrote:First is the method of teaching moves to Pokemon. It's been alluded to in the past that Trainers taught their Pokemon moves via instruction manuals. Seeing as how you have shown an interest in incorporating books in the game, why not use these manuals? These books would have names like "TI" and "HI" for "Technical Instructions" and "Hidden Instructions" (a play on the current "TM" and "HM" for "Technical Machine" and "Hidden Machine").

• I love the idea!!!!! I don't think I would change every item into the TI or HI, but I think it would be really neat to have both of them in the game.   It could be another benefit for those of the people who take the time to read all of the books in the game. Thanks!

Ciggy5 wrote:Second is Oak's encountering Ho-Oh early in his travels. Oak claims to have encountered a "rainbow-colored Pokemon early in [his] travels." Now, this is a little far-fetched, but what if he sees Ho-Oh at separate points of his journey, to which he actually battles and captures Ho-Oh, but releases it due to some sort of moral struggle, and promises a possible witness or even just himself he'd never tell the story to anyone? As I said, far-fetched, but not a bad concept.

• Ooooooooh. This is interesting.... Also, the first time I've had a compelling case for adding a Gen 2+ Pokemon in Gen 0, hahahahaha. Would you get me the links to where he says that and stuff? I'd need to have primary source material before I went forward with it.

Ciggy5 wrote:Anyway, I hope you like these ideas because, for the originality of this game, I have millions!

• I definitely enjoyed them Smile   By all means, bring forward any suggestions you may have Smile 
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryphon on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:36 pm

TBC wrote:

Ciggy5 wrote:Second is Oak's encountering Ho-Oh early in his travels. Oak claims to have encountered a "rainbow-colored Pokemon early in [his] travels." Now, this is a little far-fetched, but what if he sees Ho-Oh at separate points of his journey, to which he actually battles and captures Ho-Oh, but releases it due to some sort of moral struggle, and promises a possible witness or even just himself he'd never tell the story to anyone? As I said, far-fetched, but not a bad concept.

• Ooooooooh. This is interesting.... Also, the first time I've had a compelling case for adding a Gen 2+ Pokemon in Gen 0, hahahahaha. Would you get me the links to where he says that and stuff? I'd need to have primary source material before I went forward with it.

It's from the 2nd episode (Pokemon Emergency) of the Pokemon Indigo series (aka the original series). Might be able to find the quotes from places like IMDB, or find the episode at sites like pokemonepisodes.org Wink
Gryphon

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Raiden
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrheon on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:14 am

I could definitely write books that teach abilities. The programming would all be up to TBC though. It's definitely a fine idea, and fits well with the other relevancies we plan to incorporate into the books, such as hints and plot-triggers. I would say though, that Pokemon were/are taught moves by other methods besides manuals; for something as should-be historically dense as Pokemon-training, the methods of said training were/are/should be equally diverse. In any case, I'll make due note of move-tutorial manuals in my notes.

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: BigDaddySlayer
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep189 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:44 pm

The manuals could have been majorly at the Pokemon academy, since they're big on reading there.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Yeah that's definitely a spot to put one.  Yeah I do like the idea of books teaching pokemon stuff.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down