Hey Gen 0 Community!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey Gen 0 Community!

Post by DasMak on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:06 am

Hey all, 

I am really excited to see a super cool project like this being made by fans of the game, I have been looking at the threads posted and am really pleased to see many true fans interacting with one another and trying to make the best Gen 0 game out there. The Alpha also looks really polished, (and even better when the rest bugs get worked out).

About me: I am 20 years old, am currently in my third year of College majoring in Mechanical Engineering, and Minoring in Aerospace. I have been playing Pokemon since 1998 when my father got my sister and I Pokemon Red and Blue for Christmas and have been a fan ever since.

Excited to see what is in store for this amazingly insane project, and just wanted to thank the Admin, who seems like a really chill and dedicated guy. You won't find many people like him out there.
DasMak

Trainer Card
Trainer Name::
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey Gen 0 Community!

Post by TBC on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:47 am

Hey there DasMak!!! Smile

Welcome to the Gen 0 community!!!! I'm definitely glad to have you on board.  I want to get more people posting.... But a decent amount are now. so that's definitely good Very Happy    Thanks!!!!  I am big on paying attention to detail, so I strive to make sure the demo I put out for you guys is as polished as it can be.

Oh wow. That sounds like a pretty hefty field. What exactly do you want to go into?   I haven't been to college yet, but I want to go for Japanese and either teach or translate with it.   That's awesome Very Happy   my first experience having a Pokemon game was finding a copy of Blue on the side of the road :p

I am excited to see where this goes!!!! There's so much more that can happen with this, I am just so happy to make this game alongside you guys.    Thank you very much, man. I definitely appreciate the compliments ^_^

I hope to see you around!

*Guild: Fellowship of Shenanigans
Titanfall 2
Fallout 4
Shadows of Adam
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Trainer Name:: Kain
Region: Kanto
Friend Code:

View user profile http://www.pokegen0.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DasMak on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:12 am

I'm not entirely sure of what Job I would go for, but I would love to do something with Rockets or Satellites.

I love that you are going for Japanese, I remember at one point in High School trying to learn it after I went on my Anime spree, but it is really difficult to write. I actually do still have a starters packet with a CD that I have never opened...maybe I should put it in one day lol. Smile. Then I could visit one Japan at some point.

I would love to help with this anyway I can, i am actually interested in the code that you are using, you said that you are scripting in Ruby? that's awesome! I have experience with Visual Basic and MATLAB, so I downloaded a copy of Ruby to try it out, and it is actually pretty fun Smile

I assume that you are an Anime fan, so what are your favourite Animes? mine is probably either Hunter X Hunter or Baccano!
DasMak

Trainer Card
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:34 am

Well that's pretty flippin' sweet. I wish you the best of luck Smile

Yeah. It is really difficult to learn all of the kanji and get some of the different grammar types and "forms".   My passion for Japanese started by hearing Japanese intros to games and knowing that Japan gets WAY better games than America does. ANNNNND the games we do get translated often get butchered >.>   But now it's just a passion as a whole. Not just for games.  You totally should!!!!! If you decide to get into it again, let me know. We could totally study together.

Oh, you know coding???  Yeah, I use Ruby. If you can code  well there, that'd be awesome.   I need coders and strong artists.

I am indeed ^_^
I would have to say.... Rosario + Vampire, Chobits, Berserk, Inuyasha, FMA, Black Butler, Fruits Basket, Deathnote and quite a few others Very Happy   Cool! I haven't seen those before.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by DasMak on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:50 am

Yeah Definitely! If I decide to pick up Japanese again that would be pretty cool Very Happy

Yeah like i said, I JUST picked up Ruby and was playing around with it, and it looks pretty cool, but knowing how it interacts with Sprites and Forms and whatnot is a whole other monster in itself, rather than just creating Classes and Attributes (which is what I have been doing at the moment) So knowing how to use the software would be cool if I could see someone working on it.

Nice Anime List, I have seen about half of those and agree with you. if you are also into Manga, I would recommend "Liar Game". It's a really cool Psychological Puzzle Manga, and I love it probably because of the Math the main character uses (probably attributing to my Engineering side).

I agree, it is sad when a  good Japanese game is butchered because of bad VA, shotty Translations, or isn't even released outside Japan at all.

Back to the coding, since it is summer, I would love to know more about the language, but once Fall Semester hits I don't know how I will survive the workload, and my Job, and my Extracurricular activities lol. But I would be interested in seeing the work put into the game at some point, but I cannot promise to be a reliable helper in terms of time lol :s
DasMak

Trainer Card
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:07 am

Oh alrighty.   Well yeah I do Joinme sessions sometimes. It's where I will work on the game and let people watch through the program Joinme. It's a neat screen-share program that has a chat function. I always make a Facebook post about it when I do them, but I could message you as well when I next do it.

Nice!!! I'll definitely have to check it out sometime, then.

Right? Breath of Fire II was translated terribly. It is an amazing game, but got bad a bad translation.  Then you have games like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, where they took out entire areas of the Castle and main features. Or like the Shining series where we only got 1/3 of the actual games in the series. It sucks >.<

Awwwww okiedokie.  Yeah I could do the joinme with you sometime. Or I could add you on skype and just personally screenshare you.
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by DasMak on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:39 pm

Yeah definitely! A join me session sounds exactly what I was interested in Smile My Skype is mark.a7x , so add me and we could totally talk some time!

Thanks for being such a cool Admin, and I look forward to more conversations :p
DasMak

Trainer Card
Region:
Friend Code:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TBC on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Okay!!! I'll make sure to add you right away.   I'll certainly make sure you can watch some stuff in action.

Awwww. You're welcome <3   Thank you for the compliment ^_^  However, depending on who you talk to, I'm a heartless crazy dictatorial tyrant  who is hell-bent on the slaughter and consumption of children.

But I guess that's true of any person you'll meet :p
TBC
Admin

Trainer Card
Friend Code:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content